Max players ever online at sametime?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
jamesmustain
Newly Registered User

Max players ever online at sametime?

Post by jamesmustain »

Hi guys,
What is the max number of players you have ever seen online. Also does anyone know what how fast the internet connection for the server is?
Thanks for regard!

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Max players ever online at sametime?

Post by EJlol »

I'm sure I have seen 100+, and maybe even 200+. Though I'm pretty sure it says more about me than the server :P (we have switched hosts after that).

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Absolutely over 100. We would peak above 100 a lot years ago. I still believe it can happen again under the right conditions.

I'm sure Matt will show up with some more accurate information about online stats :P

TMW Team member

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Matt actually appears!
But I don't remember honestly :D

edit:
wow, I just went through some really old backups.

Unfortunately I found just cached image files, I don't think they included the max players online at a time.
If I could find the old database I could supply you with that information, but I can't seem to find it, maybe I lost it.

I can offer you the following player stats, the latest I could find:

blue: total unique users
green: new unique users

Per day:

Statistics for one day, per hour.
Statistics for one day, per hour.
15-hours.png (6.08 KiB) Viewed 6466 times

Per month:

Statistics for one month, per day.
Statistics for one month, per day.
-days.png (7.42 KiB) Viewed 6466 times

Per year:

Statistics for one year, per month.
Statistics for one year, per month.
-months.png (5.46 KiB) Viewed 6466 times

Is there no current solution for keeping statistics for the game?
I could revive the old project, it was pretty fun I guess.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Freeyorp posted in Discord the online player count stats until I joined the team early-2019.

...Well, he actually posted in IRC (would probably be a blasphemy implying he used Discord directly), but it is still available on Discord.

The player count from mid 2019 until today is not available anywhere for TMW; However, Moubootaur Legends maintains CSV files with all the activity for itself. The archived files can be found in Docs repository, and in https://tmw2.org/experiments/onlineHistory you can see the current player graph for Moubootaur Legends.

(PS. Activity on Moubootaur Legends for 2018 and 2019 is on Docs repository of Moubootaur Legends; I do not have the same data for TMW unfortunately =/)

(PPS. You can download the raw CSV by appending ".csv" to the URL, but that file has 15 MB and ought to be archived soon-ish)

Spoiler:
Moubootaur Legends Activity (2020)
Moubootaur Legends Activity (2020)
Captura de tela em 2021-02-12 14-24-35.png (135.03 KiB) Viewed 6459 times

Moubootaur Legends is a fork of TMW; you can have a vague idea of how activity was moving in TMW for a while as they are correlated, but that fluctuates a lot (ML does not allows multiple accounts and there are no bot accounts unlike TMW, so the data is not directly comparable, please do not attempt any calculations on the data).

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Post by Cyrus the Great »

I remember seeing around 150ish or so during the Christmas Event 2012.

To me, it seems that the arrival of Steam on Linux played a role in TMW losing some players because many left TMW to play other games on Steam.

I agree with WildX. The development has been solid and reaching those numbers is possible with good marketing and advertising.

"Success always calls for greater generosity — though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed."
Cyrus the Great