Beheader vs Sand Cutter

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Beheader vs Sand Cutter

Post by Ledmitz »

I did a 10 minute test run using Ledmitz to test experience per minute and then average the results, while wearing the bull helmet. I lured all the male skeletons in the graveyard to the 'freezer' so that I could attack all mobs of the same type; Lady Skeletons. I did have to run to mobs in both 10 min runs, but made sure to follow the same path in both cases. Instead of relying on the client I recorded each min as it was reported and later averaged the results. I also excluded the first minute in both cases, to ensure all minutes were doing attack action and not idle.
I'll do this one in point form:

Level: 107
Skill: Speed
Stats: Str=80(70+10), Agi=90, Vit=60, Int=1, Dex=80, Luk=60(59+1)
Mob: Lady Skeleton

Exp/min (avg of 10 mins):
Beheader Sand Cutter
17782.2 17185.6

The beheader barely won out in this extreme build for use with the beheader. Had I distributed status points for the sand cutter, I believe a higher exp/min would have been possible and even higher using the rage skill with different stats. I had previously compared the 2 weapons using different builds with both rage and speed. Most always, the cutter yeilded a higher exp/min avg, but most often, then highest and lowest exp/min were obtained using the beheader. This makes sense though, since you need a higher level to use and even obtain the sand cutter, but using the beheader is very fun, as I find myself looking at the damage, looking for a jackpot or counting the hits to kill certain mobs. It can vary quite a bit.

The most interesting thing I found though, was that if you change the way you play, you can take less overall damage, doing hit and run attacks. Cancelling the attack each time before attacking again also seemed to help gain initiative more often and possibly, the mob hasn't time to attack.

This is a really fun weapon to play with, but isn't very reliable and you really need a super fast attack to make any use of it. Moreover, lower level characters needn't have strength to do damage with this, but will need a very high dexterity as it will probably hit less often than a n archer with a similar dexterity.

There I go nerding out again. If you test the same weapons and want to post, please mention equipment/stats/skill/level, as above.

Last edited by Ledmitz on 19 Feb 2021, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

WarriorPL
Legendary Warrior
Legendary Warrior

Re: Beheader vs Sand Cutter

Post by WarriorPL »

I did the tests in different ways. Dramatic drop in performance and accuracy. The weapon would be cool if it was faster. You miss many times and time passes before you hit your target . For me, weapons are a toy rather than a fight. 8)

Apple.
Peon
Peon

Post by Apple. »

I think beheader is a great weapon because I can use it for low lvl chars :)

Chars: Apple., Kiwi., Kobold, AppleStore <3

Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Post by Cyrus the Great »

Unfortunately, I didn't had much time to test my newly obtained Beheader but I think it is a nice weapon.

The unique point about the Beheader is that it can be utilized by all classes, especially warriors and archers. It is a good farming tool if you have a high dex and agility. Also, it doesn't have an specific level requirement so it can be used to level up lower level characters. That's why I think it is a good addition to the game.

"Success always calls for greater generosity — though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed."
Cyrus the Great