Just wondering: What do the icons above characters mean?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
jackisverycool
Peon
Peon

Just wondering: What do the icons above characters mean?

Post by jackisverycool »

I've noticed that some people have got icons like leaves above their heads, or a little white rabbit next to their name. I also see Liviobot and Applestore and other shops have got a shop icon above their heads, but what does the Z mean? What about the little I above some heads too?

Curiosity seems to have got the better of me XD

signed,
jackisverycool

Hocus Pocus Fidibus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Just wondering: What do the icons above characters mean?

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

They are different things. The "Z" is if you go AFK (you need to write "/away" in chat if i remember correctly). The "I" stands for idle. It happens when you minimize the game window for some time. The "$" is for stores. Then there is a coin that morphs into a treasure chest and back, that is a guild badge for members of the CRC guild (the only active guild atm). The other symbols are party badges. Not sure how to set them but if you join a party where a symbol is set it will appear above your head.

jackisverycool
Peon
Peon

Post by jackisverycool »

Ahh ok, Thanks Hocus!

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Hocus Pocus Fidibus wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 11:02

They are different things. The "Z" is if you go AFK (you need to write "/away" in chat if i remember correctly).

Exactly, you can type a message (/away <message>) so players that try to contact you get that message instead.
If you didn't provide one, the last one is used.

The "I" stands for idle. It happens when you minimize the game window for some time.

Yeah, that may get triggered by changing virtual desktop or console terminal as well.

The "$" is for stores.

Anyone can be a store: players and bots as well. But not NPCs since they are hardcoded in server.

Then there is a coin that morphs into a treasure chest and back, that is a guild badge for members of the CRC guild (the only active guild atm).

Only guild members can see it. (If they enable it)

The other symbols are party badges. Not sure how to set them but if you join a party where a symbol is set it will appear above your head.

Party badges are set inside server / custom host resource files with xml files and images. Everyone can see those.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 14:12

The other symbols are party badges. Not sure how to set them but if you join a party where a symbol is set it will appear above your head.

Party badges are set inside server / custom host resource files with xml files and images. Everyone can see those.

Actually they're set by M+ directly.
Even custom hosts might be unable to change them because that.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.