What Stats are People Looking For in a Party Member?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
feff
Peon
Peon

What Stats are People Looking For in a Party Member?

Post by feff »

I just got to level 41, and I'm not going to get much higher without someone to help me fight tougher mobs, so what are people looking for in a party member? I'd love to be a healer, but it'd be silly if everyone else also wants to be a healer. Are you looking for someone with high Int to make potions, heal, or shoot fireballs and stuff? Someone with a high DPS to try and kite server side mobs, or someone who can soak up a lot of damage?

Rill
Novice
Novice

Re: What Stats are People Looking For in a Party Member?

Post by Rill »

feff wrote: 11 May 2021, 05:02

I just got to level 41, and I'm not going to get much higher without someone to help me fight tougher mobs, so what are people looking for in a party member? I'd love to be a healer, but it'd be silly if everyone else also wants to be a healer. Are you looking for someone with high Int to make potions, heal, or shoot fireballs and stuff? Someone with a high DPS to try and kite server side mobs, or someone who can soak up a lot of damage?

Hi Feff,

We just said hello to each other yesterday in-game, but did not get a chance to chat. First, I noticed you were still using the Scythe. At your level, there are better weapons to choose. If you would like to continue with a melee weapon (for warriors), the Short Sword would be the next step up. You will need a little help from others to get it, but many players in the game are willing to help. If you prefer a ranged weapon (for archers), there is the Forest Bow. Of course you can get both weapons, and see which you like better. You get them from quests, and you can view quests on the wiki quest page. Besides the weapons, there is equipment specific to classes that you can also obtain from quests. You may find some more suitable to your goals than others. But most quests at your level range can be accomplished alone and, in addition, often provide good experience.

You may wish to decide at this point whether to pursue being a warrior or an archer. You can try being a mage but, in general, concentrating on magic is not usually recommended for lower levels. At lower levels, archers tend to level the fastest. The class you choose will also affect how best to distribute your points. As for party membership, you can read more about parties here. Usually players join parties for the experience sharing, which requires members to be within 10 levels of each other.

In any event, there is so much more to learn and would take a wiki’s worth of explaining to do. My final suggestions would be to continue with questing, get Focusing Skills from Luca (if you have not done so already), choose the archer or warrior class, and feel free to ask for help. Good luck and see you in-game.

Rill

feff
Peon
Peon

Post by feff »

I definitely cannot get the short sword on my own. Every spider I try to fight, either more spiders, black scorpions or red slimes start eating me alive while I'm kiting it around. The forest bow isn't better than the scythe, and arrows are still kind of expensive for my tastes, considering I didn't think I'd be forced into using a ranged weapon so I left Dex kinda low. So I have to pour like a hundred arrows into each spider. Hypothetically, assuming I could actually fight one.

I'm thinking of putting all my level 41 skill points into Dex, and trying to be more effective with the bow, since it's either that or the scythe. But I thought I'd ask here before doing something like that.

Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

feff wrote: 11 May 2021, 16:40

I definitely cannot get the short sword on my own. Every spider I try to fight, either more spiders, black scorpions or red slimes start eating me alive while I'm kiting it around. The forest bow isn't better than the scythe, and arrows are still kind of expensive for my tastes, considering I didn't think I'd be forced into using a ranged weapon so I left Dex kinda low. So I have to pour like a hundred arrows into each spider. Hypothetically, assuming I could actually fight one.

I'm thinking of putting all my level 41 skill points into Dex, and trying to be more effective with the bow, since it's either that or the scythe. But I thought I'd ask here before doing something like that.

Answered in-game. :)

feff
Peon
Peon

Post by feff »

OK I optimized for "archer" and it's like twice as effective as my naive first attempt at stat allocation.

If anyone wanted me to specialize as a "Mage" before level 90, you're outta luck.