Are the money sinks working?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
evadem
Novice
Novice

Re: Are the money sinks working?

Post by evadem »

For the record, HMC has already donated 60 mill to the dyer. We also spent 20 mill lowering the cost of 1st reset to under 1 million gp when the reset char got reset to the original 5 million. We intend to do all we can to help unlock the dyer.
As for players it is a choice they need to make on their own. I don't believe most of the original exploiters are likely to contribute much to the unlocking of the dyer. Many aren't active anymore.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Yeah, problem is though, most log in every 3 or 4 months just to avoid getting deleted.
BTW people, you really think its' a coincidence that the amount required for unlocking the sink is more or less the sum of the top 50 players? :)
Again I'd say one week is to soon, be patient guys.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Arilious wrote:I feel as though many on the "top money list" don't even play, or are rarely in game.
its like people don't even read whats in my original post
Black Don wrote:
As a sub note I want to say something about the inactive players. If the active players do not do their part and make a real effort to sink their money. Then do you think DEV would be willing to remove money from inactive players and give it to dyer. When the active players are not willing give theirs first.
they are in game enough to keep from being deleted with 6 months of inactivity.
Arilious wrote: Secondly, you can expect the clan donation character to give ALL the money, even down to 2Mil seeing as how they provide many things to new players.
I ask the question how many HMC donations and donations related chrs are there? I've lost track since there are leaders now with more then one now. Times that number by 2 million and you would still have more money in your clan then any one person.

5T3V3 I glad to hear there are still people in the clan advocating a large sink of clan funds to aid this money sink and the game. Instead of making excuse as to why the money needs to be kept. (which I had nicely asked not to be posted in the forums because it is a moot point because the GP has to go to rebuild the economy.)
Arilious wrote: Take this into account, and I think everyone can see 500 Million was a ridiculous amount. The economy isn't in a LARGE of a shamble as even I once thought. There are many theories and stuff floating around, and the only thing that's slightly annoying to new people is that it will take them a long time to get "rare" items, which can be won via trivia, or clan events.

;) So really, final point, 500Mil = ridiculous.
It not ridiculous. Its math. Math does not lie. take amount in dyer + amount over 2 million from top money list = you have your 500 million. Ignoring the problem or belittling it by calling it ridiculous does not solve it.
Arilious wrote: P.S. I don't see where you get off telling people who donate Millions but keep more than 2 that they haven't done enough. If they earned their money, they can do what they want. Stop being such a pompous jerk.
And now calling me names. That adds nothing to the argument and make you look like a troll.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
DeathKnight
Peon
Peon

Post by DeathKnight »

i can't even get over 20k before i have to buy something for 15k....its ridiculous people want "ILL SELL YOU IRON ORE 10K PER AND SAME WITH SNAKE SKINS" "ANTLERS 70K" where am i gonna get 70k people? where? yeah i think money needs to be reset and make it bannable to charge such high prices for a luxury hat
"NO! its step, hip, step, pivot. Are you TRYING to piss off the volcano?"
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

evadem wrote:For the record, HMC has already donated 60 mill to the dyer. We also spent 20 mill lowering the cost of 1st reset to under 1 million gp when the reset char got reset to the original 5 million. We intend to do all we can to help unlock the dyer.
As for players it is a choice they need to make on their own. I don't believe most of the original exploiters are likely to contribute much to the unlocking of the dyer. Many aren't active anymore.
First I say I applaud how much people have given. BUT.

These is my response to anyone who claims the high road and suggests that they have given enough while still holding on to more then the 2 million per person amount. The 4 HMC donations chr as of right now are holding a total of 49 million GP. So as it stands the HMC has given about 2/3rd of its wealth. IF the HMC decided not to give any more were would the 41 million GP in HMC control come from that is needed to open the dyer?
You can't say from the other Top money because they all have to give up all to 2 million GP for the dyer sink to work. Then it has to come from the poor people. The people that the HMC says it supports with its wealth.
But I believe in the HMC and that it will make the right answer because there are people who understand what needs to be done.

The goal is to balance the economy. Balance means equality. Its not about the amount you give (some will have to give a lot more then others) but about whether the top money is ready to be on equal footing with each other. And again I will mention that if the active community who are behind the sink and want to make this work do not give the full amount. How can we expect DEV to then make an effort to get the inactive and people who don't care. If we can't prove to DEV that the large part of the TMW community is behind the sink then that means DEV will have to resort to "other" methods of removing the money.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

Don, I like your point that we need to give what we can give, so that the dev(initie)s can then get the inactives and the selfish ones, hopefully instead of getting us all. :)

But as many have said, it has only been a week. I know that for example my sister (who is in the lower part of the top-money-list and has said that she thinks she will give her 3M when she logs in) has not logged in yet. It's summer (at least where I live), so many people may be outdoors instead of in front of their computers.

Thank you for making this important point though. :mrgreen:
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

If they will not log in in half a year they will be purged anyway.

Regards.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Vink wrote:Don, I like your point that we need to give what we can give, so that the dev(initie)s can then get the inactives and the selfish ones, hopefully instead of getting us all. :)

But as many have said, it has only been a week. I know that for example my sister (who is in the lower part of the top-money-list and has said that she thinks she will give her 3M when she logs in) has not logged in yet. It's summer (at least where I live), so many people may be outdoors instead of in front of their computers.

Thank you for making this important point though. :mrgreen:
I have no problem waiting until summer is over, Its not like a wipe is going to happen over night any way. Dev will probably need time to discuss the nature of the wipe(ie full wipe, or other wise), and if ifs some part wipe it may require some code be written to implement it. But I started the discussion now because then people can't claim ignorance when the time comes (though I'm sure they will any). I started the discussion not to tell everyone that a wipe will happen but that it could. Its to promote to use age of the sink so that we can carry on like normal. I think my talk with Tarax in game on Friday night summed up my point the best.
The game is Pre-Alpha.
That makes this a test server.
Dev would like 500 million GP leached from game so we can do this (or else there is to much money to get any realistic results).
As Game Testers (Pre-Alpha) we can give the money up so this could be done.
If we choose not the do this then for Dev to be able to test/play with any economy ideas they will have to remove the money some other way with out our consent.
mon
Peon
Peon

Post by mon »

I'm interested in the stat reset sink ever since Iearned that 2 of them is almost useless. But I never got to save up for that amount. I only once passed 200k and by then, that wasn't enough.
a.k.a. - Achel
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

mon wrote:I'm interested in the stat reset sink ever since Iearned that 2 of them is almost useless. But I never got to save up for that amount. I only once passed 200k and by then, that wasn't enough.
The more people use it, the cheaper it is. You should have another look at it.
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

Sweet i made 2nd on the money list.
Join us in Holy Mana and become Strong.

http://www.freewebs.com/holymanaclan
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Hommer wrote:Sweet i made 2nd on the money list.
Is that an admission to being Cagemanz and that you would rather see everything wiped then give up any of your 38 million GP?
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

Theres not many players that don't know that i'm Cagemanz. On that note, did i ever say i wasn't going to give my money up? Stop jumping to conclusions and get off other peoples dicks.
Join us in Holy Mana and become Strong.

http://www.freewebs.com/holymanaclan
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Hommer wrote:Theres not many players that don't know that i'm Cagemanz. On that note, did i ever say i wasn't going to give my money up? Stop jumping to conclusions and get off other peoples dicks.
:( Great it returns.... :|
Pixel Battalion
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

my post to you
Black Don wrote:
Hommer wrote:Sweet i made 2nd on the money list.
Is that an admission to being Cagemanz and that you would rather see everything wiped then give up any of your 38 million GP?
your reply
Hommer wrote:Theres not many players that don't know that i'm Cagemanz. On that note, did i ever say i wasn't going to give my money up? Stop jumping to conclusions and get off other peoples dicks.

I did not say you were not going to do anything. I ask you a question. You did not answer my question and called me a name instead. If your intention is to give your money do it instead of bragging about your raking in the top money.