Who thinks Platnya should be GM lead?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Who thinks Platnya should be GM lead?

Post by antithesis »

Platnya,

If you have any decency in you whatsoever, you'll not lock this thread like you do with any other after you put your last word in. Let it stand and let's see what the people really think about you and your "performance" as GM lead.

There are three choices: Positive, neutral and negative. It's a fair question and people can choose as they see fit.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Re: Who thinks Platnya should be GM lead?

Post by Dyna »

Amazing how people up to conclusions about someone they hardly know in a game. Platyna has been known to make the decisions no one else will or wants to...so for that I commend her. She takes a lot of negativity from players for having to make those choices. I am not a 'Queen arse kisser' either...just someone who has been around long enough to remember what the game was like the last time she was in control...trust me times were better back then. Things got WORSE the more GMs were added, not better...

I do however feel that GM lead should go to Katze and Plat should be the Queen Overlord of All that she is. Katze has proved time and time again that she is a fair and competent GM. Choices of who should be GM/how the GMs are doing as a whole ought to rest in the hands of the GM who spends the most time in game helping the community.

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Post by antithesis »

Thanks for your input, Dyna... however, I'll refrain from responding or making any comments about the situation. I just want the poll to speak the truth. My goal is not to turn this into a "drama" thread.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Platyna and I have both had our differences in the past. I think the methods she uses to deal with people are rude and very belittling. I have always preferred the way MK has handled people. What Platyna does bring is she cares for this game and has worked hard to create a stable environment for it to be played on. Plus Platyna is completely and totally unbiased to any single person with exception to herself. She will not favor anyone in game including Dev and long time players, as she has proved in the past. If you fail to respect her she can and has put her boot down (most likely on the persons throat). Now how does this apply to weather Platyna should stay or go my vote doesn't matter as you will soon find out this is not a democracy.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Dyna wrote:Amazing how people up to conclusions about someone they hardly know in a game. Platyna has been known to make the decisions no one else will or wants to...so for that I commend her. She takes a lot of negativity from players for having to make those choices. I am not a 'Queen arse kisser' either...just someone who has been around long enough to remember what the game was like the last time she was in control...trust me times were better back then. Things got WORSE the more GMs were added, not better...
Correlation ≠ causation. Just saying there could have been other reasons.
~Feline Monstrosity
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

My (or anyone elses) function in this project will never be a subject for polls. There are no democracy and functions are divided by old good authorities exclusively, and judged by those authorities as well.

Katze cannot lead GMs - she is in-spe wife of Bjorn. I was against her to carry this position, however she remains a GM because:
1. Bjorn will not interfere with overall judgment of her actions, so if she abuses her powers or will be acting below GM standards she will be demoted by me.
2. She acts professionally and seems to catch the common sense that is main thing required to be a GM.
3. She seems to have friends but she doesn't have any bandwagons or protégées - for now I did not observed any - it is major feature.

Honestly I don't care about attempts of witch hunting - I do ignore them or they amuse me.
I came back mostly by obligation and by multiple requests from the players.

Concerning me having a last word - I am a moderator, if I lock a thread I usually explain why, should I stop doing it? ;)

I think you should also appreciate that, despite I know the purpose of most of those threads (the official crusade against me was declared clearly on IRC), I do waste? - yes, replying to plot theories is definitely wasting, my time to explain your all inquiries.

Further more - I usually do not comment on someone's way of typing - but considering it, you did not bothered to even re-read your post and check for errors before hitting the button, it surely took you 10 second to write and 0 seconds to think about it - it is disrespectful for me and for the whole community - because you, in completely careless way, raise such topics.

Regards.
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Post by antithesis »

Yep, I knew it wouldn't last. Point proven, thanks!

And for the record, since Platnya deleted the poll, the votes were far against her than in favor of. Regardless of whether or not she sees this as a democratic environment, I think we know where most people stand.

By the way... when did the name of this game change to "The Platnya World"? Maybe if that were the case, you'd be more accepted as being such a power hungry dictator... but it's not.

This game might dwindle and flop around with you involved in this manner, but in the long run, it doesn't stand a chance.
Last edited by antithesis on 21 Oct 2009, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

antithesis wrote:Yep, I knew it wouldn't last. Point proven, thanks!
What point exactly? A forum poll is hardly a measure of someone's acts. Forum polls are silly little popularity contests which can be easily manipulated.

Platyna's position, no matter if she deserves it or not, is not a popular one. And she doesn't have to "win" it.

Not to mention that your poll was posted extremely too early for any influence of Platyna's "reign" to show itself.

Heck, I'll even admit, I more or less like it so far. But is that really a proper measure after a couple of days? Hardly... Does it mean anything? Hell no!
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Post by antithesis »

Platyna wrote:Further more - I usually do not comment on someone's way of typing - but considering it, you did not bothered to even re-read your post and check for errors before hitting the button, it surely took you 10 second to write and 0 seconds to think about it - it is disrespectful for me and for the whole community - because you, in completely careless way, raise such topics.
Nice try for a quick shot, but you should probably have valid cause to take a shot against me if you do so. Any attempts to point out flaws in my messages are welcome.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

She didnt lock the thread she only removed the poll...as polls are pointless and yours was rather demeaning to her. So lay off the sarcasm and actually post something worthwhile Antithesis

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

To use sarcasm against me in the discussion you must be either brave or stupid.

And most of votes in that poll were for "I don't care".

Regards.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

Black Don wrote:Platyna and I have both had our differences in the past. I think the methods she uses to deal with people are rude and very belittling. I have always preferred the way MK has handled people. What Platyna does bring is she cares for this game and has worked hard to create a stable environment for it to be played on. Plus Platyna is completely and totally unbiased to any single person with exception to herself. She will not favor anyone in game including Dev and long time players, as she has proved in the past. If you fail to respect her she can and has put her boot down (most likely on the persons throat). Now how does this apply to weather Platyna should stay or go my vote doesn't matter as you will soon find out this is not a democracy.
+1

I know it's a bit self-serving but......... :wink:

MK

EDIT: Most of the votes were NOT "I don't care" :roll: The negatives were ahead 3:1 :wink:
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Post by antithesis »

Platyna wrote:And most of votes in that poll were for "I don't care".
Wow. Seriously, I am astounded at this blatant lie. Of course, you have the power to make things up since you have the power (and choose to abuse the power) to modify, lock, and twist threads as you see fit.

Anyway, I'm out. Have fun destroying this game, Platnya. You seem to enjoy it.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

The votes were exactly 2, 6, 4. Nice to hear I am a liar.
Anyway if it comes to this, then I do lock this thread.

Regards.