How did you come here?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Re: How did you come here?

Post by bcs86 »

I don't remember, but I had the same impression that this topic was not ancient, and that someone gave a hoot.
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

How did I come here? Well, it's like this...

It was a cold and blithery morning (yes, I made that word up)...the beans were growing high, and that song was playing...you know, the one that has the bass so loud and low that it makes you feel that your bowels are going to explode, and as you walk towards the source, you realise that there is actually a doof doof beat hidden in it, and the nasally twang of a freakazoid who can't sing, spruiking about some filth of some variety...and I peered into the store window.

THERE IT WAS!!!

An ad for some political party, and how they were fixing the world (and not to mention how the OTHER party had done such a bad job of it). I was so bored and depressed that I had to see and hear their drivel, that I went home to drown in self-pity.

There was a button. It was black and shiny, and had a little blue light near it. As my hand moved towards the box, I could hear a tune in my head. It said "You're gonna make music that will change their brains"....

Whoops...that wasn't me. That was Carlos Santana. Now back to the story.

There was a button. It was black and shiny, and had a little blue light near it. As my hand moved towards the box, I could hear a tune in my head. It sounded like a muffly version of the whistle part in "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-lite.

As I pressed it, the big screen showed a demonstration of color (that is "colour" in British English) that took my brain to another place. I don't recall what happened next, but in my head I saw little faces that stared running around the place, and this noise that sounded like the screens being opened on a computer, but backwards! The faces were saying "I have arms, but I can't give you a hug...I havE ArmS buT i CAn't giVE You A Hug (<--not a subliminal message)... I HAVE ARMS, BUT I CAN'T GIVE YOU A HUG!!! (((((echo)))))

I quickly jumped up from where I was lying, and discovered that the game was there right on my screen, and the sound was that of a slime being popped! The faces I'd seen were avatars on the game, and I thought to myself "Hey, did I leave the iron on? Haha, oh, that's right, I don't have an iron", and "I'd really like a coffee right now", and finally I thought "How did this game get here??? What is this concoction of caricature, this plethora of pleasurable play, this isthmus of amusement???"

So yeah, I sat at the table and played a bit.

How about you?
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")
absdolz
Peon
Peon

Post by absdolz »

I found client of Mana on CD from PC magazine at 2008-2009, try to play, but had not good internet, then remember about this game in 2013
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Found it as an mmorpg on a Fedora software programme. :alt-3:

@DeadManWalking: Please write a book. And several books, movies, more. Loads more please. ALSO, please make up stories for ManaPlus so we can play 'em. :alt-3:
Plefulther
Peon
Peon

Post by Plefulther »

Found it in google when was looking for game design related things
Terfewz
Newly Registered User

Post by Terfewz »

was looking for cool games to play and found it on reddit
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Terfewz wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 17:03 was looking for cool games to play and found it on reddit
This is interesting. I always wanted to have a bigger presence on reddit, but some people would tell me it wasn't going to attract enough players and would be a waste of time. Maybe we should put a little more work into the r/themanaworld subreddit.

TMW Team member

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Was recommended by a friend to try it out in early 2009. Tried it out a few times, didn't get into it seriously until mid 2009 or so, made my forum account in 2010. Can't believe it's been almost 11 years :| :|
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
GalebG4M
Newly Registered User

Post by GalebG4M »

It was recommended to me by a Steam friend with whom I was talking about fantasy games even if he's someone I play helicopter and tank games with.
manuel
Newly Registered User

Post by manuel »

As an Arch Linux user, according to Arch's wiki, it seems the only MMORPG game is TMW in pacman. And, TMW catched me like so.

edit: spelling
Last edited by manuel on 23 Mar 2020, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

manuel wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 08:52 As a Arch Linux user, according to Arch's wiki, it seems the only MMORPG game is TMW in pacman. And, TMW catched me like so.
For those who are not practical of GNU/Linux distributions "pacman" is a software installer program launched from terminal that grabs software from its distribution community repositories. You can hear about "apt", "rpm", "yum" and so on, those software does mostly the same thing under different distributions and methods.
manuel wasn't referring an old well-known arcade game.
manuel
Newly Registered User

Post by manuel »

Livio wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 09:50
manuel wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 08:52 As a Arch Linux user, according to Arch's wiki, it seems the only MMORPG game is TMW in pacman. And, TMW catched me like so.
For those who are not practical of GNU/Linux distributions "pacman" is a software installer program launched from terminal that grabs software from its distribution community repositories. You can hear about "apt", "rpm", "yum" and so on, those software does mostly the same thing under different distributions and methods.
manuel wasn't referring an old well-known arcade game.
Additionally, it is just an acronym of "package manager".
Alel
Peon
Peon

Post by Alel »

Back in 2006 I had installed Ubuntu 7.04 and I was searching for some games to play under Linux. Then I saw TMW under MMORPG section, and said why not give it a try? That's how it all started. Played for some years (2 or 3 cannot remember) and then left. My original account is still here on the forums and the game, never deleted it cause one day I would've logged back in. Back in the game after 12 years!
Never lose sight of the eyes of someone you love. Life is there, inside.
ksso
Novice
Novice

Post by ksso »

game already ported in distro
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

HaloNott wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:31

Found it as an mmorpg on a Fedora software programme. :alt-3:

@DeadManWalking: Please write a book. And several books, movies, more. Loads more please. ALSO, please make up stories for ManaPlus so we can play 'em. :alt-3:

LOL You never know mate. Anything is possible. :mrgreen:

_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")