Questionary for people who want to be GMs

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Re: Questionary for people who want to be GMs

Post by Siegfried »

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

Give some hints, answer questions, and from time to time point into the right direction, regarding the beginners quests.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?

I would spawn an apple for everyone and pretend i'm Eve.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-insults
-scamming
-spamming
-botting

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

I would add a "hell" map and teleport the player there :evil:

----------------------------------------

Sorry, i simply couldn't resist :) It would currently not be advisable for me to be a GM, since i do not have enough time. Maybe some sunny day...

And maybe then i'd answer some of the questions more seriously. But the imagination of a hell to teleport those players to was simply overwhelming.
+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by +seeds »

I'm not sure I would be great at GMing, but I would certainly try my best if I became one! :alt-3:

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?
Direct them to the manaworld wiki, and point out some simple starting quests.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?
I would only give out items at events, and wouldn't give anything out or mention of giving anything out any other time.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-insults
-scamming
-spamming
-botting

Botting -
Breaking the rules and should be banned for a short while if they don't stop when warned.

Spamming -
Interferes with other players abilities to have conversations, should be banned for a short while if they don't stop when warned.

Insults -
If the insults are severe enough to break the rules, I would warn them to stop, and if they didn't I would ban them for a short while.

Scamming -
I would ask them to post ads on the forums, and to stop pestering players in-game. If they didn't stop, I would ban them for a short while.

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?
I would not react and would leave them to cool off. If the insults ranged into the area of breaking the rules, I would warn them and if they didn't stop I would ban them for a short while.
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink:
ChOrAB0Y
Peon
Peon

Post by ChOrAB0Y »

It would make the reception of the new player, then present the game to him and show the issue of attribute distribution (Luck, Dex, Int, Vit, Agi and Str), show the server wiki for him to do the quests and any questions , he could ask me and tell him what the server's rules are.

For anyone, this is against the rules. This is already fundamental a person of character who wants to become GM not to do this. I would only use the command to give someone the item, if someone higher than my position could not apply some event. And ADM asked me to apply the event, so I can give an item that was generated through a command, just for the event awards. Otherwise, negative!

1. botting
2. insults
3. advertisement for other servers
4. scamming
5. spamming
6. not speaking english in public

If it's against my opinion, that's fine. If he starts doing low-level swearing and spamming, he would ask him to stop. If he did not stop, then he would punish him.
Gabrielror_br (83) :D
FlashBrazil (72) :alt-1:
cuoco
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by cuoco »

Most of the new players seem to get stuck on Candor because of not finishing the starting quest. Showing them around, helping them get some items, taking them to Hurnscald.
Pointing them to the Scyth quest gets them hooked and they end up learning the game mechanics pretty fast.

It would unfair to just @item for example a Setzer, items given by a quest should stay that way. On specific holidays giving items to the players used to be the norm, be it by trivias or Tooth Brush events. Players enjoyed that and it made them come back, so I really like that idea.

-botting
-scamming
-insults
-spamming
-advertisement for other servers
-not speaking english in public

It depends on the severity of the insult, ignoring them might be enough but if they keep doing it, a kick or a short ban would be fine (until they calm down). Or in other words, we don't need to share the same opinions as others, but we do need to be respectful.

⭐ Main char: cuoco at level 137
⭐ GM Char: Cuoco Gest