Later magic levels, Necromancy, etc.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

AcnotAlpha
Novice
Novice

Later magic levels, Necromancy, etc.

Post by AcnotAlpha »

First of all, I think we need more summoning spells. The evil astral teacher, when it arrives, could teach snake and scorpion summoning, instead of forest creatures. (Evil mages would still be able to summon forest critters, and vice versa).
In level 4 or 5, we could institute separation of spell classes, maybe with a catalyst item given by the astral teacher(i.e. Darkstone and Lightstone), with an mbonus of 7 or so. These would only be wearable by the corresponding class(i.e. Dark mage and Light mage). If possible, the spell would make you wear the catalyst, rather than just having it in inventory. This way, you wouldn't have Light mages having another char get a Darkstone, and then transferring it to their main char to be able to cast both classes. The dark mages would have some new necromancy spells, like summon skeletons and zombies. The light mages would get spells like turn undead, i.e. dealing 100 damage to all undead within 15 squares. Also, the Light mages would need a new summoning spell, perhaps a centaur that didn't spawn anywhere, except when summoned by a spell or GM. It could be roughly equivalent to a lady skeleton, except using a bow instead. This would help offset the bonus that Dark mages would have.
Ingame: Kra'Toth
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Later magic levels, Necromancy, etc.

Post by lien »

AcnotAlpha wrote:First of all, I think we need more summoning spells. The evil astral teacher, when it arrives, could teach snake and scorpion summoning, instead of forest creatures. (Evil mages would still be able to summon forest critters, and vice versa).
In level 4 or 5, we could institute separation of spell classes, maybe with a catalyst item given by the astral teacher(i.e. Darkstone and Lightstone), with an mbonus of 7 or so. These would only be wearable by the corresponding class(i.e. Dark mage and Light mage). If possible, the spell would make you wear the catalyst, rather than just having it in inventory. This way, you wouldn't have Light mages having another char get a Darkstone, and then transferring it to their main char to be able to cast both classes. The dark mages would have some new necromancy spells, like summon skeletons and zombies. The light mages would get spells like turn undead, i.e. dealing 100 damage to all undead within 15 squares. Also, the Light mages would need a new summoning spell, perhaps a centaur that didn't spawn anywhere, except when summoned by a spell or GM. It could be roughly equivalent to a lady skeleton, except using a bow instead. This would help offset the bonus that Dark mages would have.
but for the summoning , evil astral , the spell will need HP( :twisted: ) and MP

just a idea
AcnotAlpha
Novice
Novice

Post by AcnotAlpha »

It would make sense. You're giving up some of your own life energy to the creatures you are reanimating.
Ingame: Kra'Toth
daemonowner
Novice
Novice

Post by daemonowner »

perhaps no HP taken, but a few low hp skeletons are made?
just wondering if it is the right path...
Daemonowner ~ consistent player of tmw
Darkfangex
Peon
Peon

Post by Darkfangex »

i think well in my opinion you have this all wrong , it would rather aim for a much more simple thing that wont need much further development and something that will materialize fast maybe FREE MAGGOT summoning? C'mon devs maggots , annoying and maggoty goodness but at a cost of slime and roots why man WHY i ask you , lol so anyways thats what i am hoping for in the VERY NEXT ANTICIPATED LEVEL 3 MAGIC PLEASE I BEG YOU !!! well i wish an hi im back 2010 ..2 more years awww... :mrgreen:
!!!KEANE -EVERYBODYS CHANGING!!! my chosen song that I think fits my role in tmw :(