Player-set

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Player-set

Post by Bertram »

Thanks A LOT, Stava :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

stava wrote:shading needs fix.. I think somebody else should do the shading since I'm not sure about the technique :)
Sorry, but as far as I know there is noone else at the moment. Can you please try to do it yourself?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I could have a go after I've finished those button icons, which should be on the weekend.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So far he wants to be an animator. So if he says he's done, he's done. No matter how sad it might be.

So unless someone will object to the animation work here, it's waiting for someone to pick up the shading work.

Personally I'm not sure of the long stick animation yet.

Also I'd like to see someone do a proof of concept mockup with the spell preparation: prepare with that, launch "energy ball" by fist hit animation. I'd like to have this with the three frame version and a two frame version with the middle one left out from the preparation phase.

Also, if the animation work does not gain huge opposition, the outlines will not change due to shading. It should mean we can start preliminary equipment work and testing based on this.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
So far he wants to be an animator. So if he says he's done, he's done. No matter how sad it might be.
Meway also talked about this somewhere else. I guess someone can do the shading ...
Also, if the animation work does not gain huge opposition, the outlines will not change due to shading. It should mean we can start preliminary equipment work and testing based on this.

Personally I'm not sure of the long stick animation yet.

Also I'd like to see someone do a proof of concept mockup with the spell preparation: prepare with that, launch "energy ball" by fist hit animation. I'd like to have this with the three frame version and a two frame version with the middle one left out from the preparation phase.
:arrow: I really think that the best mockup could be to add test data for eA and ManaServ. See this in game even without shading, or such could help to get the new possibilities ;)

A simple way could be to replace the simple attack animation with the spell casting one + a chosen triggered effect, and see how it's looking maybe :)

What do you think?

Best regards.
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

My progress so far xD
Attachments
Player-set work.PNG
Player-set work.PNG (78.9 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

On the picture of "WEAPON WITH LONG SLICK SIDE" it looks like char took it out of his body. :lol:

(^_^)
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

1 - Long stick side: elbow should be back and up/out

2 - Do we care that side view spell cast is doing something different than front and back? Arms down, eyes closed?

3 - Does footwork make sense on one hand weapon and shield front view? I can't tell and don't know how to check

Thank you for working on this Stava
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

If your not already, use onion skin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_skinning)
You can do this with Gimp using layers

Also the frames don't really have an arc to them (they are evenly spaced apart), this is going to make them look unnatural and choppy as hell. Might I suggest four frames instead of three so you can have a slow in and slow out http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash8/ ... t2_pg2.htm
Pixel Battalion
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Len wrote:If your not already, use onion skin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_skinning)

Also the frames don't really have an arc to them (they are evenly spaced apart), this is going to make them look unnatural and choppy as hell. Might I suggest four frames instead of three so you can have a slow in and slow out http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash8/ ... t2_pg2.htm
Oh, aren't you helpful.. You are so nice, you even waited for me to finish the whole sheet to tell me this, thanks a lot.. :roll: :| :roll: :| :| :| :| :| :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm still in the belief a decent effect can be pulled off with one preparation frame and a two frame swing with motion trailing on the weapon in question. The "fourth pullback frame" would be the initial preparation frame and also the final frame in preparation for a potential new attack cycle.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

stava wrote:
Len wrote:If your not already, use onion skin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_skinning)

Oh, aren't you helpful.. You are so nice, you even waited for me to finish the whole sheet to tell me this, thanks a lot.. :roll: :| :roll: :| :| :| :| :| :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
They don't look all that finished to me :?
bad foot work.png
bad foot work.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
At least one of his feet should be planted
Who would move their feet like that during a swing (his head staying in-place defies all reason)
Image Modanung's is still the best if you ask me
Pixel Battalion
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Len wrote: They don't look all that finished to me :?
bad foot work.png
At least one of his feet should be planted
Who would move their feet like that during a swing (his head staying in-place defies all reason)
Image Modanung's is still the best if you ask me
It's because I used parts of old sprite sheet to make these sprites.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

24 frame motion picture animation vs. practical "relaying the point" animation.

At least the latter approach is progressing as we speak.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Rotonen wrote:24 frame motion picture animation vs. practical "relaying the point" animation.

At least the latter approach is progressing as we speak.
If you calling PROGRESS a process of damaging current sprite set by NOT using 8-bit alpha channel. Crush already mention it once in this post.