how to run the server side?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

shl008
Newly Registered User

how to run the server side?

Post by shl008 »

I have the server side(almost code files) and who can tell me how to run it(I only have visual C++ 6.0)? use "runsrv.bat"? additionally, before running the server what should I do to config it? it's a big question for me, cause I'm not good at english and those documentations are hard to understand T^T...I just want to set up a server and use the client to log on it and play, this is my first time so I hope if there is anyone can help me, thanks a lot.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: how to run the server side?

Post by Crush »

When you have a file runsrv.bat you downloaded the sourcecode for the experimental new server, not the current one. Are you sure that this is what you want?

We don't provide project files for Visual C++ anymore. But the client and the new server can be compiled under windows using Code::Block and the current server can be compiled with Cygwin. Both are free software.
http://www.codeblocks.org/
http://www.cygwin.com/
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
shl008
Newly Registered User

Post by shl008 »

I don't know if it is the right one. my teacher gave me this server and tell me this is server side. but it is used C++ right? anyhow thanks for replying so fast.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The client and the new server are programmed in C++.

The current server is programmed in C.

Which server is the right one eAthena (current) or Manaserv (new) depends on what you want to do.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
shl008
Newly Registered User

Post by shl008 »

oh maybe I understand what you said. now I just want to set up a server on my computer, run client at the same time and use my own server address. so which one should I choose?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Do you want the current production server (server.themanaworld.org)? If so, eAthena: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... p_a_server.
shl008
Newly Registered User

Post by shl008 »

thanks jaxad0127, it looks like what another person said, I will look through the web page seriously, I hope that's what I want.