Bugs

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Bugs

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You're using the Windows nightly under OSX?
LuCo
Peon
Peon

Post by LuCo »

Nope, no Windows at all. :-/
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Never mind, I was mixing you up with the other recet report in the thread.

Yes, there are issues with the Mac version. We think one of the dependencies was built wrong. We'll be looking at it for the next release.

I can log in as you and move your character. Just PM me the account name and character name.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

The best we can do for OSX users is to advise you to try wine. wine is a API emulation that allows you to run windows programs on a non-windows system. Wine primarily has support for Linux, but there is OSX support. Please checkout the details on the following link. http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing

The reason why OSX is getting very poor at this time is because no developer on Manasource (or TMW for that matter) owns a mac. Thus it makes it very hard to debug for a system we don't own.

If someone is willing to buy me a Mac (doesn't have to be "high end"), I will commit to do all I can to try to fix the issues of the mac version of the client. But until something changes, Mac users should not expect much.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
LuCo
Peon
Peon

Post by LuCo »

Alright, I see Mac users really HAVE to try it that way.

All the other houses can't be entered without any problem, too. Very sad... :(