Some Ideas 4 Later

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

RRC
Novice
Novice

Some Ideas 4 Later

Post by RRC »

Here is some ideas i have come up with just recently that you might want to implement later..

-Party System (haveing more than 2 people in a party with which all gold and exp is equally devided)

-In the item shops have it so you can sell all you're stuff not just selected stuff

-Make the game so it isn't that huge so people with 56k don't have to wait over an hour to download and yes i do have 56k

-land selling feature? like you can own a house with a key just for that door, and be able to build it etc

-make the server able of having multiple user on at once, the mmorpg im playing atm has only like a limit of 12 at once it really sucks
natsuki
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki »

some of that can be done effectivly with a scripting language

and to make multi connect, need multithread

that we might try to do when client is somehow set up (can be tested)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

- Already planned

- No problem

- Well I think because this is a old style RPG, it requires not so much resources (after optimization phase) so I think it would not exceed some meg. But we still have to wait to know that...

- Never thinked of but I've seen something similar in Ultima Online. I don't dislike the idea but let me think on it a week cause I really don't know if it's possible...

- Well the server we're using is not limited, I've seen Vidar used to play RO with over 100 ppl. All depends on how many and how powerful pc will be dedicated to host the server. :?:
natsuki
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki »

- i think sockets will also be a major concern since it a mmorpg

plan to check that out too later since i have allegro library now
hope i can compile it^^