Higher level monsters -> Higher value drops?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Re: Higher level monsters -> Higher value drops?

Post by Speiros01 »

jaxad0127 wrote:
aelithia wrote:my other issue...... still no patches for us poor mac users.... we miss out on soo much... :(
???????????????????????????????????????????????

0.0.29.1 (the latest released client and the only version official support (with mana dev clients)) is available for mac.
There are a few problems with this client. I don't know if it is regularly updated, and I appreciate there are less mac users than others, but still, the mac crashes when going from one portal to another at times. Certain ones.

If they are updated, then this problem has been overlooked.
A.K.A "_speiros_", by a mistake I made...lol
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately there is no programmer on the Manasource development team at the moment who owns a mac. This makes it impossible to confirm and fix any mac-specific problems.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Speiros wrote: There are a few problems with this client. I don't know if it is regularly updated, and I appreciate there are less mac users than others, but still, the mac crashes when going from one portal to another at times. Certain ones.

Buy me a mac and Ill be happy to look into fixing these issues :)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

just a idea...

what if there was stuff that would rase and lower ones stats ...like----(heavy armor/ + 10 to vit , - 10 on dex) or some thing like that....it would make you think of what you put on...

-skippy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

i agree with skipy. also there should be more weapons in this game. we get knife, a sharp knife, a dagger,a sythe, a short sword, a bone knife, and a setzer. what happened to a battle axe, or a cross bow, or a mace. since this game has midevial weapons we cant have ak47s going cammando on a skeleton . but i think we do need a wider variety of weapons.another thing that might be good is to add more high level monsters. all there are is fallen, jacko, lady skeleton, skeleton, 2 types of skull, and a zombie.
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

@1234 This probably deserves a topic on it's own, you should create one!
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

jaxad0127 wrote:
aelithia wrote:my other issue...... still no patches for us poor mac users.... we miss out on soo much... :(
???????????????????????????????????????????????

0.0.29.1 (the latest released client and the only version official support (with mana dev clients)) is available for mac.
The reference is to the 'unofficial' but yet most beneficial patches to the games which us linux and microsoft players get to enjoy.

Even without patches, and using the "official" client, there are issues for mac users, such as previously mentioned in the last post (not the tune they play on the bugle), the dropping out and getting stuck in between dimensions/screens.

" " (I just wanted to see the " " once more)
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

Kage wrote:
Speiros wrote: There are a few problems with this client. I don't know if it is regularly updated, and I appreciate there are less mac users than others, but still, the mac crashes when going from one portal to another at times. Certain ones.

Buy me a mac and Ill be happy to look into fixing these issues :)
Does that include if I bought you an apple pie, and a Big Mac, and mixed them together, to create the Apple Mac? If so, you have a deal!!!
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Speiros, do try the mana build trapdoor posted.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

1234 wrote:i agree with skipy. also there should be more weapons in this game. we get knife, a sharp knife, a dagger,a sythe, a short sword, a bone knife, and a setzer. what happened to a battle axe, or a cross bow, or a mace. since this game has midevial weapons we cant have ak47s going cammando on a skeleton . but i think we do need a wider variety of weapons.another thing that might be good is to add more high level monsters. all there are is fallen, jacko, lady skeleton, skeleton, 2 types of skull, and a zombie.
The issus is sprites or other art are missing... If we had more art we would be able to add more.

I am currently wanting to reuse art as much as we with things like the equipment tiers. The same idea can be applied to monsters too, monsters who share the same sprite but different stats.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

ok kage. no problem. but what can you do about the weapons? theres no "sword" or axe or somthing. im going to take acegis advice and create my own topic about this.