New Music Piece

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

marcusvinicius
Peon
Peon

New Music Piece

Post by marcusvinicius »

I was wondering if this piece could join the game:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/yC4iHNyZ/m ... do-01.html
I'm still working on it, it seams that the strings don't have "personality" untill the moment but I'm working on it. Anyway it's just a sketch and I'll make a lot of changes and make the music more longer.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: New Music Piece

Post by Kage »

Don't use left/right channels so much, try to have it more balanced (using them some is ok, but this piece all the music is in one or the other).

Also, it doesn't loop well
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
saturn
Novice
Novice

Post by saturn »

The quality of the sounds is very very good for a game like this, IMO. It gets pretty hype, so I don't know how well it'd work for background music somewhere, but maybe it could fit. I would continue work on it anyways because it is awesome, and clearly cut off abruptly. It sounds like it could be a long piece too. Try aiming for 3 minutes (or longer if you are ambitious) and adding a less hype ending which flows back into the harp at the beginning (to loop).
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Wow, that sounds so good, I wondered if you made it yourself. It sounds like a high quality piece played with real instruments. You can hear volume changes on single notes that are different from previous notes played. If you did make it. It's one hell of a great piece.
Feel free to post some of those string sounds. I've been looking for strings that come in at high volume with some kick. Can't find them anywhere.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

As it's a work in progress, seems a bit unfair to criticise the looping behaviour at this stage :(

Having said that,I'm with Kage on the panning. Your panning settings are a little too extreme. You're clearly using a higher end library as these are beyond the Reason Orkester Soundbanks which I use and more like Vienna Symphonic/East West/Project Sam territory - you will find that these sample sets have the stereo stage set within them. E.g. for piano, lower notes will be slightly to the left moving to the right as you go higher up. It's good that you're thinking about the stereo field though.

Can I ask which sample library you used? Very nice reverb too.