Statistics in eAthena

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

diogorbg
Peon
Peon

Statistics in eAthena

Post by diogorbg »

I see that everyone is working on the development of manaServ. And this is very good! We at The Mana Wolrd BR we look forward to this new server is ready.

At The Mana World BR still using the TMW eAthena. He has served our purposes, but not all of them. The team of TMW-BR is working on some adjustments to the eAthena so that it can store statistics of the player's inventory. The changes are just some printf () in the important functions of map-server ... a log to be precise.

It is in the interest of TMW-BR work in partnership with TMW-ORG (as we usually refer to the official TMW). To avoid creating a FORK of eAthena we would like to include these modifications to the code of TMW eAthena.

I would like information on how to contribute to TMW eAthena. Thank you.
PT_BR wrote:Vejo que todos estão trabalhando no desenvolvimento do manaServ. E isso é muito bom! Nós do The Mana Wolrd BR estamos ansiosos para que este novo servidor fique pronto.

No The Mana World BR ainda utilizamos o TMW eAthena. Ele tem servido a nossos propósitos, mas não a todos eles. A equipe do TMW-BR está trabalhando em algumas adaptações do eAthena para que ele seja capaz de armazenar dados estatísticos do inventário do jogador. As modificações são apenas alguns printf() em funções importantes do map-server... um log para ser preciso.

É do interesse do TMW-BR trabalhar em parceria com o TMW-ORG (como costumamos nos referir ao TMW oficial). Para evitar a criação de um FORK do eAthena nós gostaríamos de incluir estas modificações no código do TMW eAthena.

Gostaria de informações sobre como contribuir com o TMW eAthena. Obrigado.
Diogo_RBG - Server BR - ADM, DEV
:mrgreen: The Mana World BR - The best MMORPG 2D now in Portuguese.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Statistics in eAthena

Post by Bertram »

Hi diogorbg,
At The Mana World BR still using the TMW eAthena. He has served our purposes, but not all of them. The team of TMW-BR is working on some adjustments to the eAthena so that it can store statistics of the player's inventory. The changes are just some printf () in the important functions of map-server ... a log to be precise.
It is in the interest of TMW-BR work in partnership with TMW-ORG (as we usually refer to the official TMW). To avoid creating a FORK of eAthena we would like to include these modifications to the code of TMW eAthena.
:arrow: Cooperation between the two teams would be a marvellous thing :)
You should ask turmfalke, Jaxad, remoitnane, or Freeyorp (Sorry if I'm forgetting someone...) but in any case, the best way to see your changes included is to create a patch file showing the differences between the current tmwAthena server code and yours.

I don't know whether you're used to git, but the server code is currently located here: http://gitorious.org/tmw-eathena/mainline
Another good way of collaborating could be to create a personal clone from the master branch, and why not do merge requests when you think you've achieved something worthy.
I see that everyone is working on the development of manaServ. And this is very good! We at The Mana Wolrd BR we look forward to this new server is ready.
:arrow: As a side note: Not everyone is working on ManaServ. :wink: The mainly active developers on it are Freeyorp, Crush and me, with the thanked help of Thorbjorn. See here to get an idea of what people are doing to the project:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=11383

Best regards.
diogorbg
Peon
Peon

Re: Statistics in eAthena

Post by diogorbg »

Ok, I'll talk to them. In any case I will examine further the possibility of making the proposed changes. What I needed was to know of your interest in adding these changes and whether they agree in the way proposed.

Thank you for your attention.
PT_BR (To I understand what I written) wrote:Ok, irei conversar com eles. Em todo caso irei estudar melhor a possibilidade de fazer as alterações propostas. O que eu precisava saber era do interesse de vocês em adicionar estas mudanças e se concordam na maneira em que foi proposta.

obrigado pela atenção.
Diogo_RBG - Server BR - ADM, DEV
:mrgreen: The Mana World BR - The best MMORPG 2D now in Portuguese.