Mapper(s) wanted for CR1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: Mapper(s) wanted for CR1

Post by Merlin »

The re-color I did of I's block wall set could server as the interior for block structures. If they are deemed suitable enough for CR1 that is. (I dislike my 45% walls but lack the skill to make them correctly so I mearly used a perspective tool to change the walls.)
I could also make the additions to the block wall set as I have for the crypt set to increase the workability of the tileset.

I would be more then willing to work on the Academy mapping.

I think the tilesets that are deemed done should have the layout frozen so mappers will not have to go back and change things if the layout changes.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Merlin,

I personally can't tell about the tilesets acceptance into CR1, but:
I would be more then willing to work on the Academy mapping.
:arrow: Would be great to have you on that. :)
I think the tilesets that are deemed done should have the layout frozen so mappers will not have to go back and change things if the layout changes.
:arrow: And I think you're right ;) Don't forget the author panel are to be added, indicating the tileset's status, author(s), and license.

Best regards.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We can use ugly XML magic to fix the map files to the new tileset arrangements when they change. Not nice, but doable.
This message used to be meaningful.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Rotonen wrote:We can use ugly XML magic to fix the map files to the new tileset arrangements when they change. Not nice, but doable.
There is no need. Since 0.0.5 Block Walls tileset layout is locked. And 0.0.6 will be released this Sunday. I also reserved some place for gateway (0.0.7).
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

I'm glad to have some news from my favourite chainsaw seller ;)

For the 'frozen' tilesets, may I get some validation upon specific files, so that I can add them back to the tmwclient-data-dev repository?

Thanks in advance and best regards.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I'm frozen, waiting on I's 0.0.6 release. :)

It's not a big rush on this job. I''ll be waiting till the tilesets are done to avoid problems like that.
(I like Rotonen's idea of the ugly XML magic thou. More then one way to skin a cat.)

All I really need are some ground tiles and the wall set.
IDK if CR1 would be interested in my bluetile roof. It doesn't seem up to your standards for CR1.

I was following the development of the CR1 Tiles for possible use in some eA server ideas.

Really I like the idea of starting all over and with a fresh approach to what we are doing.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

MerlinX420 wrote:I'm frozen, waiting on I's 0.0.6 release. :)
Here is some teaser :P
Concept (in Inkscape), version without windows and early windows WIP.
Small tower roof WIP.png
Small tower roof WIP.png (115.48 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
I managed to release 0.0.6 this Sunday, but I'm not sure that I will finish Academy main gate. In worst scenario gateway will be released in 0.0.7.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Wow. Very Nice I. Very odd design. It's just a game and all but water would run down into that skirting IRL.
Now if the bottom edge of the tile shingles over-lapped the bottom it would look like it's a drip edge.

I cant wait to see what else you might come up with. A yellow roof to go with that cap would be sweet. (I could probably rip a tile-able pattern out of it, but I'll hold off on ripping on your stuff till you release it from now on. XD )

I've posted an update of my blue tile roof for eA server, thinking about completely re-drawing my roof tiles. The ones I have are to flat and small.

Other notes:

I think as long as the open spot for the tile tag exists most of the tilesets are quite mappable. I will be going over them all this week end.

Rotonen: I have read the thread concerning this. I took notes on what you wanted for the academy. I am wondering if your going with 400x400 map for the Academy?
MerlinX420
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

MerlinX420 wrote:Rotonen: I have read the thread concerning this. I took notes on what you wanted for the academy. I am wondering if your going with 400x400 map for the Academy?
While not overwhelmed with enthusiasm, 400x400 is plain overkill and makes coming up for sensible content a pain. I trust you enough on this to go about on your own and do it the best you see fit. Posting some sketching of details will be appreciated.
This message used to be meaningful.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Yeah as I was reading the plans I was thinking that 400x400 was a bit to big. (Well it's really to big!)
I should have a rough draft done in a few days after I releases his next revision of the block wall set.
Once I get something to post I'll start the thread so the design can be hashed out among us.
What was already posted about this gave a pretty clear idea of what it should be like.
MerlinX420