[WIP][DIS] Academy

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

[WIP][DIS] Academy

Post by Merlin »

I'd like to start the thread off now on the Academy.

Basic place holder map in a rough draft. It's Basically a average block wall castle. Wrap around walkways. I'm avoiding 1 tile wide passages. Should have more then enough room for the buildings required and the main building should be big enough to be a decent academy.

I should be able to keep down detailed work until I at least gives me the final version of the block walls, but it was requested that I post a little eye candy. I have some other things needed for tiles that I will be requesting in a different thread. Building plans include Blacksmith, Training Hall, Mess Hall, Admin/school Building with a Dungeon all as originally requested in the main CR1 world dev thread.

Outside of these gates I have plans for the grounds outlaying the main Academy.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP][DIS] Academy

Post by i »

IMO Optimal size for academy is about 200x200. It may vary from 190 to 210. If you need a decent plan and concept arts I may provide them.
I do like concept with Academy between mountain rocks, and of course river in front of it. Something like that:

To achieve this concept I must provide diagonal walls. They should be placed in [Block Walls Add-ons].
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Some of the buildings I was going to put on the exterior of the walls.
Yes I think diagonal walls would help lots. I really don't want to get into mapping it yet till you've provided all the tiles.
If I went as big as you suggested I could fit everything inside and have a bit more room to work with.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Tileset test of Axel's house set produced the following

MerlinX420
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

It seems like it has changed a bit from the initial design, may be we can re-work the tileset based on the original design,

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Well the first set wasn't all that bad. Still a mix of different yet similar buildings isn't a bad thing.
Iru has stated that he was going to do a interior building set as well. I would like to variety to the tile sets so the more building types the better. As far as roofs go Ivan did an excellent job of providing a full feature roof set. A complete roof set of your design would actually look pretty good. Crush's woodland roof is a good example of all the tiles needed for the lower pitch roofs. I like the higher pitch version of that roof as well and wouldn't mind having a set at both pitches. I'm going to revise this map once I get a little bit more to go with. Post any progress you make and I can test the workability of the tiles. I would like to get as much possible out of our tile-sets and don't want to have work that limits the mapper(s).
MerlinX420