Need Player and Mob hit calculations

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Need Player and Mob hit calculations

Post by nmaligec »

If someone has the spare time to reply with the correct formulas for:
1. player hit chance
2. monster hit chance

I was told the ones on the wiki are outdated, and I am a bit short on time to go through battle.c to piece them together.

Also, I heard that there is going to be some stat re-balancing coming up. What are the indented new formulas going to be for 1 and 2 above? Will the re-balancing take into account a re-scaling of mob lvls as proposed by Rotonen? He wanted to have mob level capped at 50, for only the toughest bosses, in an effort to promote agi dodge builds. Anyway this was on my mind, so I wanted to know if anyone else was going to work on this part of balancing.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Need Player and Mob hit calculations

Post by Jaxad0127 »

nmaligec wrote:Also, I heard that there is going to be some stat re-balancing coming up. What are the indented new formulas going to be for 1 and 2 above? Will the re-balancing take into account a re-scaling of mob lvls as proposed by Rotonen? He wanted to have mob level capped at 50, for only the toughest bosses, in an effort to promote agi dodge builds. Anyway this was on my mind, so I wanted to know if anyone else was going to work on this part of balancing.
That is still being tweaked, as far as I know. There is a public(ish) test server for it.