Sheet music

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Re: Sheet music

Post by dariunas »

Sibelius is what I used to use to compose sheet music.

For most composers, it would be a case of manipulating importing MIDI files. The notation software will do the pitch, note length, tempo and time signature transcribing etc.

The user would then have to tidy it up, put in the key signature etc. drag or re-label a few rogue notes here and there and then repeat for the next instrument, then do all the performance dynamics etc.

The truth of the matter is probably that score-writing can be a lot of work. As creative artists, we move from inception to output as quickly as possible. Few artists will want to 'document' this.

(I haven't been about for a while, though I do maintain an interest and pop in from time to time...)

Hope you're all well!
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Sheet music

Post by Kage »

The “source code” for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. “Object code” means any non-source form of a work.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P