Shopping Center

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Acegi
Novice
Novice

Re: Shopping Center

Post by Acegi »

Well if there were extra things (useful NPCs) in this shopping centre and there was a use for it then it'd be worth people advertising/looking for good deals from players. Maybe the storage/bank services and some more new ones that I haven't thought up yet? TradeBot + AuctionBot could migrate there.

Experience has shown though people do advertise in the town centre rather than a designated building.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

i was actually thinking we cold have an NPC who the seller would add items to like tradebot, and the NPC would announce the list via whisper every 15 minutes, to the players in the area of course. IDK i'm spitballing here
sexy red bearded GM
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

I kinda like this idea. In fact it may be possible to create some "bazaar" where different npcs shout out prices for different types of items within ear shot as opposed to a map announce of all items being sold.

An example bazaar map might in the top left corner have a weapons npc seller that players have to talk to buy other player's weapons. In the top right corner maybe an npc that sells other player's precious rocks/ores. Bottom left maybe coloured clothes that player's have put up for sale. Bottom right miscellaneous magic ingredient items.

Simply put, players would put up items that they would like to sell to the appropriate npc. Then the npc would announce every X mins or X seconds the price and quantity of the player's items on offer. This way there is a point to going to a shopping area rather than spamming the town.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly