Xmas quest 2010. I beg you please reconsider.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Xmas quest 2010. I beg you please reconsider.

Post by DarkWater »

You have no idea what this will do to the economy. Please reconsider it.

The rich will not give up money like this, they will just bot the normal cash points. It will not remove money from the system, trust me, please do not release this quest.

This quest will just increase the amount of money per character and the number of characters per player. You are going to achieve the opposite of what you tried to do for the last 4 months. The halloween quest has dumped 10's of millions of dollars and items into the system. It force players to bot way past the worth of the items. If you do this, you will just force more botting, automation, and increase characters per players. You are going to make things worst not better.

Please reconsider, DW.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Xmas quest 2010. I beg you please reconsider.

Post by bcs86 »

Who told you anything about a quest this year such that you could describe its outcome beforehand?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I'm assuming Darkwind is talking as a game developer here in regards to the Christmas Quest. If you are paying attention to the content testing eathena-data branch on git, then what is about to occur is public enough to discuss.

This is not a sink. This is an end to an unpopular sink. It could be seen as a way to grind out some fun to receive rewards. I'm afraid I won't reconsider releasing the quest. If you offer more information on your fears and how they may hurt the game, perhaps you can change my mind. You have only a few days left, so I suggest specifics as to the problems you see coming from this.
Current character is "Abolish".
Kurtz
Peon
Peon

Post by Kurtz »

DarkWater wrote:If you do this, you will just force more botting, automation, and increase characters per players.
Most people are not so ill to consider this game as a job, but I suppose it is difficult for you to understand this.

Give a good example and delete some of your many characters.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Kurtz wrote:
DarkWater wrote:If you do this, you will just force more botting, automation, and increase characters per players.
Most people are not so ill to consider this game as a job, but I suppose it is difficult for you to understand this.

Give a good example and delete some of your many characters.
+1
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

1.) It is dark water, not darkwind. If you are not going to bother to read my name right, we will just end the conversation there.

2.) You are going to create a grinding match from hell. If you do this, you will have to spend the next 3 months cracking down on money more then you have in the last 4 months. You will not listen to me, so I just will offer this warning. Don't do this, you will regret it. You have no idea what you are doing. Look at what happen for the Halloween quest. I know some people that have gotten 100 infantry helmets in the last month because of that quest. But as you say, you know better then I do, so release the dang thing. Watching the money pour in is going to be pretty funny.

Can someone do me a favor, could you please get the wealth numbers from oct 30 to present. And then after the quest is done, please, someone needs to understand basic economics 101.

As for job comment. You are completely wrong. I know people in this game that had to collect 20,000 acorns because they wanted 20,000 acorns.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Oh, DarkWater!

Sorry for assuming I was talking with Darkwind. I do like to hear their thoughts on things. My bad.
Current character is "Abolish".
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

If this was announced somewhere, I apologize for missing it. I've certainly looked.

I have heard a bizarre rumour that there is a new quest that requires getting 5,000,000 GP. Is this what we're talking about? Is that rumour true?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown