Woodland Village (new attempt)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Strange.I actually liked the house better with more rocks.On the other pictures I thought there was to much rocks but apparently I dont know what I like..... ;)

Did you do something with the straw roof?It's way better than the earlier roof.Or am I tired or something?I might be seeing things. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Crush wrote:iru? you are still alive? i thought we lost you. any chance that you are going to finish your awesome desert tilesets?
yes I'm still alive. A bit overworked but alive. I'm observing tmw forums for a long time. And if u are asking me about chance to finish desert tileset... my answer. Yes there is a chance. But there is no time now. I promise to finish it if I only get some free time.

anyway it have to be done soon. so I'll try.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

yosuhara wrote:Everyone can say that he wants something different, smaller, brighter or different coloured and this could never ends... this is just Pre-beta (if i'm right, if not please don't crucify me :) )so what...
This is one of the reasons I have always wanted to close, or rather split into two (as in public and closed), the content development forums from external posting without priviledges (which would be easily enough attained). This would allow a clear distinction between those with more and those with less authority on issues since a lot of people (especially new ones) seem to be confused about that.

And yeah, keep your rocks. I'm just not all that convinced about the interphase between the wooden wall and the rocks. They're supposed to be carrying the building (I'm guessing and that's my intuitive guess), but they just seem to be there for decorative purposes (as in layered before the wooden surface).
This message used to be meaningful.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Are you sure it would be better with a split group where some have more to say about it?
The problem as I see it in this sort of discussion is the die hards that will not give up their idea about how it should be.You can find these people everywhere.Im not sure it would help to have two groups.

Why dont we ask Elvenprogrammer about what he thinks is more fitting and have that as a starting point?Just so that we get some structure.Have him write down some guidelines or visions or something.
If that's already on the forum somewhere I apologies.Cant search for everything everytime. ;)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

this topic has already been discussed here:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1292

now please b2t
Last edited by Crush on 28 Apr 2006, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Crush wrote:this topic has already been diskussed here:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1292

now please b2t

Yeah yeah ok.I was only answering a post.Besides I think it's relevant to this topic.
But Im not going to yapp about it.At least not here.

I'll get back on topic.
In a while. :)
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

_-_ blahhh....

Crush, i know that i shouldnt post there. But i realized that after i clicked on POST button ;)

so...

what do u think... ? (anyway it is just 5 min remake)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

first i think that it is much too dark. i can barely see the texture. and then i think that the gradient shading at the vertical bars is a bad idea because the wall tiles are no longer tileable. but i want to be able to create houses of any desired height and with with the tiles.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well it's not that bad of an idea if the gradient only starts towards the top, which will be "non-generic wall tiles" as in "interphase between wall and roof tiles".
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I think the draker part should be below the roof, and in fact some shadow could improve it a bit.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

a pile of straw:
  • NOT a game master

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Omg, this one looks really cool, no more comments on it :D
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

As such it looks great, but how does it work in context?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Oh yea, nice haystack Crush.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

EDIT: Nevermind.

Oh and the pile of straw looks great. :)
Last edited by Kineticstorm on 17 May 2006, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
I love you too. :)