Woodland Village (new attempt)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

:lol: That's very nice crush! Very good work !!! I really want see this on the game :lol:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

The cornfield sure improved. Good work.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

thank you for your praise, but what i would really appreciate now are some good ideas.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:thank you for your praise, but what i would really appreciate now are some good ideas.
Then just read all my messages on the last few pages of this topic.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

everything you wrote on this thread are improvement suggestions for the things i came up with myself. but what i need are some new ideas.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ah ok...

I think the town could use some torches/lanternposts.

But don't you think the other things I suggested would be an improvement? If so, why not work on that?
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

hi

I like it at all :) and it reminds me of a documentation about the countrymen of Romania which I saw a few months ago. All additional ideas I can give is what I'm able to remember ;)
  • They live closely with the nature (no electrics / only power of nature)
  • They build huge straw hills (1-2x size of a man) by stamping down the straw around a wooden stick.
  • They live together with sheep’s and other animals. So they need a barn and maybe an "open-air" place where the can get food (straw & water)
  • The people are very religious. So something like a "Mana-Church" would fit in the environment.
  • They use water wheels to flour the corn. I know the Village "Shimris" is planned in the middle of "Jirt" but maybe we can re-plan it and connect it to a river. Alternative: a windmill?
I hope this short list is helpful enough :)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
Rezmont
Peon
Peon

Post by Rezmont »

Very Nice tileset *claps*
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Peacemaker wrote:[*]They live together with sheep’s and other animals. So they need a barn and maybe an "open-air" place where the can get food (straw & water)
Anyone feel like making some sheep or cow "npc's"?
The people are very religious. So something like a "Mana-Church" would fit in the environment.
some concept art about this would be useful. Or at least some kind of religious symbol.
  • NOT a game master

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:Anyone feel like making some sheep or cow "npc's"?
I think we should avoid real-world animals. Maybe something that resembles it... but I'd say as less direct real-world copies as possible.
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

Crush wrote:
The people are very religious. So something like a "Mana-Church" would fit in the environment.
some concept art about this would be useful. Or at least some kind of religious symbol.
As far as I can remember it was a small quite simple chapel (maybe twice as long as a normal house) with a small steeple + bell. something like that:
http://www.walsermuseum.at/Walserweg/Ta ... a-Hilf.htm
and http://images.google.at/images?q=kapelle

Symbol?: I dont know, but we should not use an existing symbols in a fantasy game. At all I believe using religion in a game is a bit difficult. I rater prefer an organisation as described in the wiki:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Organisations
The Church of the Elder Gods? Magic Academy? The Druids?

Hay with wooden stick: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image ... 154702.jpg
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

so... we will have a wooden village. My question:
Will this village have a square? if yes, it (square) can contain fountain, statues, benches, stands etc. (or my favourite gilotine :D )
also i suggest using flat stones for sidewalks (pavement), not just "dirt" which is common in woodland... just for inspiration crush :)

edit: and some improvement for houses: they should have some herbs or crops drying in the sun outside the house or simply hanged under the roof...

edit no.2: interior :there should be some kind of trophies hanging on walls (horns, skulls, teeth, eyes, tails 8) )
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

some other kind of field. i got the idea from a mockup screen on the pink monster thread.
  • NOT a game master

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

The plants look nice, but i think the ground should have more of a row structure, if you know what I mean.
Also the plants are arranged in such a way that the human eye will see diagonal rows instead of horisontal ones. Assuming the latter is what you intended them to be.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the diagonal rows are intentionally. i don't want to orientate everything at the grid when possible.
  • NOT a game master