Potions and Scrolls

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Potions and Scrolls

Post by yourmistakes »

i originally posted this in another thread about inflation, but most of these ideas where never fully responded to.

these are more final fantasy inspired than anything, but you can find equivalents in most rpgs since 1989.
potions
antidote - immediately cure poison. should have a premium over slow poison potions
different strengths of ether - similar to the heal pots, but for sp
different strengths of revival items for if you die, so you don't have to walk all the way back; should be a minimal revive, all the way to a full revive
ginseng - the int counterpart of an iron potion
felix felicis - luck potion (don't call it this, we'd get sued by harry potter)
eye drops - increase dexterity (think conc pot or iron pot)
some kind of vit potion that does the same as the rest
elixir - regains full health and mana very fast
pcp - raises all bases stats +11, and kills you after 3 minutes (if you don't want your heart to explode, don't do drugs)

taking inspiration from diablo here ;]
scrolls
scroll of travel - should have a few odd destinations, very similar to diryn the traveler, but can be activated from anywhere.
scroll of rebirth - would enable a stat reset anywhere. should have a dynamic price equal to 3 stat resets; should also be non-tradeable to keep people from buying them with low level mules.
scroll of storing - access storage anywhere, need i say more?
scroll of war - does @charkillable and @killer on the player for one life. should be very Duck expensive.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: Potions and Scrolls

Post by skipy »

as a player of alot of rpg's -this sort of idea is a fundamental in most rpgs .........and the pcp idea is crazy awesome(if not called pcp)..

imo its a good idea

---------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Hmm, thing is, I think certain potions would be more expensive than others...

For example: Conc potion affects attack speed, iron affects strength, those are fine. But the Vit potion idea... would give a life boost AND defense boost. So, I'd think either it would be more expensive, require some reasonably annoying ingredient.... or make a small quest like Rauk's dye, where you give ingredients and money for the potion.

Other than that, it sounds pretty awesome, we need more stat potions.

OMG, storage scroll.... hell yes.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
skandarv
Peon
Peon

Post by skandarv »

Although I did spot this late..sounds like a decent idea.. pcp was a beaut and loved the scrolls..any of it being implemented anytime soon?
There is a solution to every problem..only impossibility lies in finding it..
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

How about instead of PCP, we call it "Squance RD-601"
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Stakes,

in your name there is "sta" as in fant ast tic !
ofc those are not needed they not should but they must be implemented
what would be great would be to have those potions work with level steps (steps 1: from lvl 1 to 40- step 2 lvl 41 to 70- step 3: lvl 70 to 90 then lvl 4: 90+) effects of potion would decrease on player stats or states in order to keep the world balanced)

potions
antidote - cheap price
different strengths of ether - cheap
different strengths of revival items very expensive
ginseng - expensive
felix felicis - item quest no price to make it
eye drops - item quest no price to make it
some kind of vit potion item quest no price to make it
elixir - item quest no price to make it
pcp - item quest no price to make it)

scrolls
what would be great would be to have those scrolls work with level steps (steps 1: from lvl 1 to 40- step 2 lvl 41 to 70- step 3: lvl 70 to 90 then lvl 4: 90+) the more level the more you can use them. this should also be non-tradeable to keep people from buying them with low level mules because of steps requirments.

scroll of travel - long quest each step the more steps done the more destination you can go to
scroll of rebirth - each time you do 10 stats reset you gain 1 scroll
scroll of storing - obtainable in a long quest for each step: each step 1 use more in bonus scroll using like daily quest system you can use this scroll only one time per day - 4 times maximum
scroll of war - should not be usable in the time a battle started as candor or quest as cindy or make a counter scroll to be able to have the time not to die both obtainable throught a long quest as setzer is.

what about a Love scroll which for a small period of time (1 minute or so) have one player follow you and sit on you? :D or start of a quest for people when they get married not for singles. if for singles : spell cannot be used on married people
no price but you have to train all way up (doing it 500 times) to be able to call the over mate. done like making a spell with player name 10 times before the scrolls have effect :) and when player finishes the 10 spells warp of the player targeted to the laptop of the player that did the spell. oops maybe we get more divorces in game :)
npc to learn it
particule effect made of little hearts
Last edited by Jumpy on 22 Apr 2011, 09:35, edited 2 times in total.
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
RooO
Peon
Peon

Post by RooO »

If you want something ... do it by yourself and dont wait for someone to make it for you.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

RooO i don't see here a "DoIt!" :twisted:

i see here a "those are ideas what with them ?" 8) "do we work on those or not?" :o

a first step before doing any work for nothing imho...

i am sure Stakes will gather the competences around him so that those selected to be in game will be developped and see the light
and i'll be happy to help him with text for npc or whatever i could be able to bring as help
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

RooO wrote:If you want something ... do it by yourself and dont wait for someone to make it for you.
i came up with these ideas originally as a simple and permanent way of dealing with inflation. since i am not and have no desire to join that monkey house of devs, this solution can sit here and rot. it'snot something that is desperately needed, but it would make an interesting project for anyone wanting to learn how item scripting and particle effects work.

that being said, i'd like to also add that a magic defense potion would be neat
tofi
Newly Registered User

Post by tofi »

Mages are overpowered, mayby add Cursed scroll activated by death. If owner of cursed scrol died of magic cause the scroll activates and curse goes to his killer.
Curse should be random of followed:
1 level pernamently lowered by 1 (big curse) 2% chance multiple curse increase that chance
2 stats halved for some time depended of how big the curse is

Cost of cursed scroll should be about 10-20k GP

With that scroll in game mages still have high power but takes risk of own actions.
KrofGninut
Newly Registered User

Post by KrofGninut »

Meh, what I liked about this game was the original parts. Things that were more or less unique to this game.
Though I can't disagree with considering adding the good parts of other games, I'm not so sure about this idea.

(although mages should be able to learn a revive spell to bring back others)
KrofGninut
Newly Registered User

Post by KrofGninut »

tofi wrote:Mages are overpowered, mayby add Cursed scroll activated by death. If owner of cursed scrol died of magic cause the scroll activates and curse goes to his killer.
Curse should be random of followed:
1 level pernamently lowered by 1 (big curse) 2% chance multiple curse increase that chance
2 stats halved for some time depended of how big the curse is

Cost of cursed scroll should be about 10-20k GP

With that scroll in game mages still have high power but takes risk of own actions.

What about the argument that mages pretty much suck early on, and that they require rather high maintenance costs in effort? (being a pure archer or warrior would be relatively easy to do; being a mage is a pain in the ass)