[REQ] Daily Quests System Review

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What would you do to the Daily Quests System?

Leave the system like that, it is good, I only hunt bats.
11%
Increase the amount of money won with hard-to-get items + increase the drop rate of present yellow & white present boxes.
26%
Increase the bat's hp to prevent bots to get rich.
9%
Make new Daily Quests with new items.
30%
Make quests that gives you Daily Quests Points.
24%

Total votes: 46
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: [REQ] Daily Quests System Review

Post by Nard »

Ali-G wrote:[...]
I personally want this system to be better. Here are my ideas (all can be combined, which I think would be great for the game (not to win more money but only to make the game more sensed):
  • Increase drop rate of Yellow & White Present Boxes (with still white rarer than yellow).
  • Increase Bat's hp since bots kill them very well (250-350hp will be good, they will be killable in 2-3 hits and not in 1...). With this, people will understand that being a high level offers them better possibilities.
  • Increasing the difference between items. If we take Bat Wings as a reference, lets put the Black Scorpion Stingers make 2,800-3,000gp, then Yellow Present Boxes more and White Present Boxes even more.
I do agree with these Ideas except the bats hp increase. This would penalize mostly the level 30-60 players with no sensitive results on bots as they are working with time. And when you say you only loose 1200 gp , you forget that you spend 1000gp to go to Nivalis...
Another aspect that has been to be taken into account is the (points reward) / (time to get the items) as Ginaria pointed out to me (and ZeShadok here too). This one makes clearly the balance to bend in the bat wings direction, unless you get stingers or boxes for another reason.
To evaluate this ratio I suggest either that developers spend more time ingame :mrgreen: (just kidding) or that they ask some players to do so. (reward?). Note that players using "very advanced clients" may have a definitive advantage on the others and may biaise this evaluation.
Stingers and boxes are underevaluated.
(Acorns too in my opinion)
Among possibilities:
A new daily quest could be bossible in Reids'inn if halloween candies were dropped with a higher rate
there could be another one, let's say somewhere in Tulimshar; or in deserts around it, with snakes tongues (value should differ with snakes of course)

cordially
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.