What is fakenpcname()?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

What is fakenpcname()?

Post by nmaligec »

Someone pointed out this script command to me but I still have no clue exactly what it does and how to use it. There NO examples of it being used in any of the npc scripts or anywhere.

Kage or anyone who has used this command could you explain it please?
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: What is fakenpcname()?

Post by Kage »

Changes the name of the NPC (I think)... actually I think it works by sending a being exit then a new being enter packet (with the new name) in succession.

I added it I think but its been awhile
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Oops, I thought it had something to do with spawing a new fake npc. Well at least now I can make sense of the code. Too bad it doesn't do what I thought it would.
Snurayroth
Newly Registered User

Post by Snurayroth »

For these who want to know it:

*fakenpcname "<npc object name>","<npc display name>",<npc sprite id>

This function will change the specified NPC object's display name to the one you
give. While the name the players will see will now be different, the real object
name the NPC has will stay the same, so you can still adress it with events as
you did before.
The sprite used for the NPC will be changed to the one you specify as well, to
keep it the same, specify the sprite you originally used when defining the NPC
object.