We need to discuss a list of sound effects please help.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

We need to discuss a list of sound effects please help.

Post by meway »

I am looking for anything I might have missed on this list that could be useful. The goal is to make a req for sound effects that we need.

Programs suggested are audacity if you have any more options for us let us know. Hopefully free ones. I currently am using flstudio and this is not free but works very well.

Note: For sound and music it must be on .ogg format and gpl license and Please don't post someone elses work unless we have specific permission from those artists.

Monsters:
Death, movement, attacking, attacked.

Players:
Death, walking, moving, attacking, attacked, sword collision, item pickup, item drop, sitting, changing.

We also need some ambient sounds and music
for settings like woodland, mid-time music for towns, islands and friendly environments. We now have candor so some boss music would be nice. These all must loop nicely together. This can be done by fading in at the beginning and leaving a nice silent gap between music files (this is not the preferred method.)

invest into midi cords keyboards and high quality microphones.
Last edited by meway on 01 Apr 2011, 00:58, edited 2 times in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Let's make a list of sound effects that we need

Post by Crush »

Changed the topic title to be more descriptive.
meway wrote:opengl license
I guess this is a typo, because it is unlikely that you mean http://www.sgi.com/products/software/op ... cense.html
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Let's make a list of sound effects that we need

Post by meway »

sorry I edited it Yes that was a typo I was multitasking with mana.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Re: We need to discuss a list of sound effects please help.

Post by dariunas »

Just so you know, I've put a link up about some free sequencers under the "Open Source / Free software for music authoring" thread.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

thanks can you link that thread to this topic?
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =21&t=4072 think it's a sticky though as it's always at the top for newcomers and prospective audio people to see...