Part of rebalance process. (Tulimshar remake and npc dialog)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Part of rebalance process. (Tulimshar remake and npc dia

Post by o11c »

Jumpy wrote:
meway wrote:Jumpy as for your question you would have to get on subject with enchilado pm him for more details.
there were great ideas in a post talking about the logging camp
where is that post ? this is all my question
your answer is not an answer to my question

anyway...

i think it was in 2009
ideas went to developement REQ if i remember well so i don't see why you answer this
map, graphism and what may or may not be inside

this game lack completely of a logging - starting camp imho this is all
logging camp is where everything is starting
where people will decide if they'll stay in game or not

Sincerely
Crush wrote:I thought the logging camp was a new content update which is targeted at the mid-high level range. Maybe Wombat can clarify here.
Logging camp is currently aimed for level 70+, although there may be associated minor quests for lower levels. Development is occurring in a private forum.

---

As for tulimshar, besides providing some incentive for higher levels to hang out there, the entire north tulimshar map should be removed and the south map redesigned to accommodate the little content on it:
* The Bazaar should be somewhat central and have entrances on all sides.
* The Bazaar should be located near the entrance to the desert AND near the ferry (it's a TRADE center)
* There should be evidence of this being trade route - caravans in the desert or something. Consult the desert tales for inspirations. Plan new quests for some of those.
* Isn't Agostine supposed to move back to Nivalis?
* Make the eastern desert actually dangerous.
* Maybe create sand dune graphics and a script that makes you "slide and lose your footing" (warp, no dialog - do graphics as an NPC)?
* Change sandstorm to be an animation that takes the tiles into account?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Hi, crush and jen has sent me here. thanks for your pm jen on the turtorials you have sent.
I am willing to do mapping since its required at the moment and help remake parts of tulimshar. i think there should be 2 sides to it as well one for higher leveled players and one for the newbies that join. create more variety in the map yeah?

I will check the tutorials given to me and help out with this project.

Yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I figured I'd try to help out a little bit. I've made two maps to connect 004-1 to 022-1
http://img51.imageshack.us/i/0351p.png/
http://img834.imageshack.us/i/0361.png/
Also I've posted the patch:

http://69.162.134.30/patches/0001-Added ... 36-1.patch
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

baseballboy, I tried your patch, but it includes only the changes made in 004-1 and 022-1. Did you forget to do "git add" to include your new maps?
But anyway I like what you did, can you do another patch which includes your new maps, so I can test it?
Your maps inspired me to some story idea for the tutorial quests, but it's just a vague idea for now, I need to think it over before posting it. :)

And could you use map number 041-1 and 042-1 for the new maps? Map numbers in between are reserved for logging camp.
o11c wrote: As for tulimshar, besides providing some incentive for higher levels to hang out there, the entire north tulimshar map should be removed and the south map redesigned to accommodate the little content on it:
* The Bazaar should be somewhat central and have entrances on all sides.
* The Bazaar should be located near the entrance to the desert AND near the ferry (it's a TRADE center)
* There should be evidence of this being trade route - caravans in the desert or something. Consult the desert tales for inspirations. Plan new quests for some of those.
* Isn't Agostine supposed to move back to Nivalis?
* Make the eastern desert actually dangerous.
* Maybe create sand dune graphics and a script that makes you "slide and lose your footing" (warp, no dialog - do graphics as an NPC)?
* Change sandstorm to be an animation that takes the tiles into account?
This are some good ideas, especially about the position and function of the Bazaar. Maybe this can be brought in somehow?

yubabax116, would you like to do some indoor maps for the houses on baseballboys map?
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

@jenalya: sorry about that

here you go: http://69.162.134.30/patches/0001-Added ... 42-1.patch
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

MrDemonWolf wrote:Well since your looking for ideas I have one that could be tried haven't been able to test it yet myself, but here it is. I was thinking a tribal people based inn the desert area somewhere. (your choice on where) My idea was that the highest level the player would be able to achieve would be 10 at the most probably not that much but thats just an example. Anyways the story could be that you are a young warrior whose just reached the age to where you could be allowed to go on the tribes hunt before the big sandstorm that the shaman predicted comes (shaman would be the character you would deal with the most also could lead into the story with the sandstorm in the desert now/the I think earthquake is what it says not sure whatever it is could be why that happened whatever) you will be told about the different paths you can take (ex. mage, warrior, and archer) then you would be given tasks to complete before you can go out on the hunt. (not going into a lot of detail for it would be to long) once you complete the tasks set before you (these tasks would also help you with understanding the basics) you would be allowed to leave the camp. when you try to leave it would bring up some dialog saying you got caought in the sandstorm. When you get done reading it you will have lost the equipment you did have (in my opinion it needs to be weaker then the weakest equipment now that way the player will get the next strongest equipment) and you will wake up (or be in whatever) in the tulimshar inn the NPC rebeka I think her name is will tell you why your there and why you lost your equipment(will have to change her scripting I know but seemed like a good idea to me) {could use bandits as an idea your choice} and she will tell you where to go next which will be ian (have to change his scripting as well. actualy using my idea would change a lot of script from the npcs that give you quests in tulimshar but it would connect them all together nice and fluidly and when you got done you would have a nice understanding of the games mechanics and how it works) well I think this is long enough now so I think I will leave it here and let you go from there if you want more info though just ask and I will provide it. :D
I'm a big fan of the removing equipment thing like in castlevania symphony of the night. IMO If it was not such an exploitation. We should start out with the best armor (choice should be provided) Than after you leave town it removes them so your goal would be to get them back eventually. But higher level chars can't get into the nube town. And you can't leave town until you have specific items or certain level. This is defiantly going to be a discussion.
MrDemonWolf
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDemonWolf »

meway wrote: I'm a big fan of the removing equipment thing like in castlevania symphony of the night. IMO If it was not such an exploitation. We should start out with the best armor (choice should be provided) Than after you leave town it removes them so your goal would be to get them back eventually. But higher level chars can't get into the nube town. And you can't leave town until you have specific items or certain level. This is defiantly going to be a discussion.
I actually had an idea for being able to get your armor back. In my mind it was a level 99 quest where you would have a tribesman standing out at the entrance to tulimshar and if you weren't level 99 he wouldn't talk to you he would just (really not sure whatever you decide). If you were level 99 however he would tell you that you are a strong warrior who has helped many people and he would tell you that you should speak with his shaman. Now I don't wont to be mean I guess so I would say even if you hadn't been through the newb area I had posted earlier then you could still get the armor I'm about to describe if your level 99 (your choice though). I was thinking that when you talked to the shaman he would tell you that you are a great hero and will tell you that there is a shadow coming to this world that brings nothing but death.(I know cliche huh) (also hint hint the reaper maybe?) Then he will tell you he has some armor that will help you through the trials to come which will be tribal armor.(sorry I'm not good at nor have I yet to start trying to pixel the image for it. I wouldn't know where to begin either so again sorry. Like I said in the earlier post didn't like to give my ideas out without testing them first but I haven't got the chance to do so yet) I figured for the helmet though we could use the monster skull helm that we already have (eh your choice though) Also the only way he would give you the armor is if you can beat the legendary hero of the tribe which means you'll have to go to his crypt and kill his spirit which can use magic archery and fight with a sword make him fairly hard for one level 99 by there self but make him killable by one level 99 by themselves also. (on a side note this mission is strictly a solo mission) Well thats about it for that idea if you want a more detailed version just ask me. :P
Never quit and Never give up

In game acts:
Mr Demon Wolf/Demonfox as alt.

Zutan
Novice
Novice

Post by Zutan »

MrDemonWolf wrote:
meway wrote: I'm a big fan of the removing equipment thing like in castlevania symphony of the night. IMO If it was not such an exploitation. We should start out with the best armor (choice should be provided) Than after you leave town it removes them so your goal would be to get them back eventually. But higher level chars can't get into the nube town. And you can't leave town until you have specific items or certain level. This is defiantly going to be a discussion.
I actually had an idea for being able to get your armor back. In my mind it was a level 99 quest where you would have a tribesman standing out at the entrance to tulimshar and if you weren't level 99 he wouldn't talk to you he would just (really not sure whatever you decide). If you were level 99 however...
This would be awesome. It would create a feeling of loss and can be a motivator for obtaining higher levels way beyond just higher levels. As with magic skill where you can get an indication of your progress the tribesman should talk with you about how far you have gotten. Furthermore, the tribesman could act as a quest semi-journal, if you have obtained the needed level he/she would direct you to disturbances or a specific npc to go speak with to obtain another quest and if the quest s/he is aware of are all done for your current level then suggests becoming stronger for the tasks ahead, maybe even recommending components of upcoming challenges:

"There is someone in great dispair north of Hurnscald. You should try to help them." - prompting a talk with the npcs in that area with an aim of leading to the stinger daily quest
"Keep building your abilities, they will be needed in the future. Be wary of Black Scorpions, they can deal a deadly poison with their stingers. If you do fight any try to keep the stingers they might be of use." - after all previous quests are done but not high enough level to do stinger daily quest
"Keep building your abilities, they will be needed in the future." If no specific quest is coming up

This would give a strong questing undertone and allow for individuals to get partial prompts with out the overkill of the Wiki.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Zutan wrote:
MrDemonWolf wrote:
I actually had an idea for being able to get your armor back. In my mind it was a level 99 quest where you would have a tribesman standing out at the entrance to tulimshar and if you weren't level 99 he wouldn't talk to you he would just (really not sure whatever you decide). If you were level 99 however...
This would be awesome. It would create a feeling of loss and can be a motivator for obtaining higher levels way beyond just higher levels. As with magic skill where you can get an indication of your progress the tribesman should talk with you about how far you have gotten. Furthermore, the tribesman could act as a quest semi-journal, if you have obtained the needed level he/she would direct you to disturbances or a specific npc to go speak with to obtain another quest and if the quest s/he is aware of are all done for your current level then suggests becoming stronger for the tasks ahead, maybe even recommending components of upcoming challenges:

"There is someone in great dispair north of Hurnscald. You should try to help them." - prompting a talk with the npcs in that area with an aim of leading to the stinger daily quest
"Keep building your abilities, they will be needed in the future. Be wary of Black Scorpions, they can deal a deadly poison with their stingers. If you do fight any try to keep the stingers they might be of use." - after all previous quests are done but not high enough level to do stinger daily quest
"Keep building your abilities, they will be needed in the future." If no specific quest is coming up

This would give a strong questing undertone and allow for individuals to get partial prompts with out the overkill of the Wiki.
Note that higher-levels won't have the ability to interact with those lower levels until that armor is removed ;)
Zutan
Novice
Novice

Post by Zutan »

meway wrote:Note that higher-levels won't have the ability to interact with those lower levels until that armor is removed ;)
Can the server support items being only usable on certain conditions, such as:
stats ie.a min of 80 strength to wield Thor's hammer?
quest completion ie must complete level 99 armour quest or get a message "You admire yourself in the armour but feel it is not right for you and take it off"?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Yes.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Are you planning on remaking all of tulimshar? or are you trying to add more to what there is already meway? i noticed there are npc's "under construction" it would be nice to add doors in replace to the npc's leading to another part of tulimshar. i am willing to work on this if its considered.

Yubaba
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
MrDemonWolf
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDemonWolf »

meway wrote: Note that higher-levels won't have the ability to interact with those lower levels until that armor is removed ;)
Sorry if this is a stupid question but may I ask why you say that? :?
Never quit and Never give up

In game acts:
Mr Demon Wolf/Demonfox as alt.