where is the manadata and manaserv-data?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

fengtaoliming
Newly Registered User

where is the manadata and manaserv-data?

Post by fengtaoliming »

In docs directory of manaserv.it mentioned
SERVER DATA

The server depends on parts of the client data and also has its own data
repository. These are the 'manadata' and 'manaserv-data' repositories.
Currently, manaserv expects these to be merged into a single 'data' directory.

1) Clone manadata and manaserv-data next to the manaserv repository
2) Symlink a 'data' directory in manaserv to manaserv-data
3) Symlink the following files from manaserv-data to manadata:

* data/items.xml - Item definitions
* data/monsters.xml - Monster definitions
* data/maps/*.tmx{.gz} - Maps

I didn't find the two repositories
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: where is the manadata and manaserv-data?

Post by Crush »

You seem to be using an outdated guide. Care to post the URL so it can be updated?

Currently the Manaserv sourcecode comes with an example client- and server data. You find both in the directory "example". This is, however, a very rudimentary game world. We used to support Manaserv with the standard content for eAthena, but this is no longer the case because TMW decided to create new Manaserv content from scratch instead of recycling the old word, and keeping it up to date just as a tech demo for Manaserv wasn't worth the hassle.

As usual: the less you tell us about what exactly you want to achieve the less advise we can give you.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.