Balance Skills

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Balance Skills

Post by Alige »

As you all know, some skills are more used than others because of their bonus and that is why I am making this topic: to try and give under-used skills a chance to be focused on.

At the moment we need to make a quest in which people could reset their distribution of skill points OR reset their job level + skill points to 0.

Brawling Skill
This skill is the less used at the moment and that is because the weapons used now are really more useful than our bare hands. I got some ideas on how to improve it:
  • Increase the weight and/or the number of slots of the inventory
  • Make huge damage only with bare hands (without gloves maybe) / introduce Brass Knuckles to help that
  • Make a bit more damage but at a really high speed (since there are 2 hands)
Poison Skill
This skill is also not used currently because you become immune to poison when you have enough vitality and luck. Here are some ideas to improve it:
  • Possibility to make Poison Jars from any scorpion stingers and/or snake tongues and then give these to the Nurse to let her do some experiments. She'll maybe give you some money and/or exp for these.
  • Take the immune poison resistence and be immune only by having level 9 in this skill
  • Have a way to poison mobs
Focusing Skills
For now, it stays at level 1 but it will be possible to increase it later. That will let the player to be able to focus on more than 1 skill at a time. For that to happen, we need some of these to be done:
  • Add a lot of new skills (a list will follow)
  • Create a quest that will increase this skill and not by using skill points!

List of new possible skills
  • Magic Barrier (Protects from magic attack that could be done by some mobs + something else to improve it)
  • Craftman (Creates iron ingots, iron powders, sulphur powder, etc... using their bare hands)
  • Market (Have the possibility of adding items to a particular NPC which would have a huge inventory and that would sell what the player would give him to the price the player wants)
Ali-G
Tezer
Peon
Peon

Re: Balance Skills

Post by Tezer »

Sounds like a good idea keep us informed :P
The aim of war is not to die for your country but to let the other guy die for his :P
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

Market (Have the possibility of adding items to a particular NPC which would have a huge inventory and that would sell what the player would give him to the price the player wants)

Instead of making this a skill (and preventing players to focus on a battle skill) maybe it would be nice if an Auction House system is implemented :D
And as I lay there gazing at the sky
My body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone
Without a tear I draw my parting groan.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

That is a nice idea indeed but here is the exact idea I have:

A NPC would have an unlimited inventory in which people could store a certain amount of items (according to the skill level). We could make several NPCs doing that same thing. They would all be located in the same area (maybe a new marketplace, not the bazar which is already quite full).
Each item added would have a price added to it, the price would be the one that the player decides. Each week/month, the NPC will give the items back to the player (to avoid having too much items for sale). People could talk to the NPC as if it is a normal NPC shop.

What do you think?
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

hmm second thought... it would be great to limit the itens amount by the skill lvl, so there will always be only good itens for auction. Maybe people would increase this skill when they are able to focus on 2 different skills.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Only good itens? I always thought that there is only one quality level of itens.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

good itens = quest itens, rare drops
not so good itens = bug legs, maggot slime etc
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The itens all look the same for me: like little grey boxes. Well, i guess you have to be a native portugese speaker to appreciate the fine nuances between one iten and the other. the iten seems to be your favorite item, after all.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

:lol: that made my laugh of the day crush.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
renatov
Newly Registered User

Post by renatov »

Oh, now I got that... damn it! XD

In my defense, I must say that the word "item" is translated to "item" too in Portuguese, but its plural is "itens" here, not "items" hehehe