What is Balancing?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

knight
Novice
Novice

What is Balancing?

Post by knight »

hmm, i don't know about balancing, or can someone make it more detail? xD
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: What is Balancing?

Post by o11c »

If you mean the current balancing project(s), that is because the current content for TMW approaches extremes, which are not fair and/or suitable for future expansion.

You'll probably get a better answer if a mod moves this topic to Content Development.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The stats of monsters and equipment will be changed to make the game better. Is this explanation simple enough?

Moved to content development, because the involved technical changes are minimal.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote:The stats of monsters and equipment will be changed to make the game better. Is this explanation simple enough?
The sentence is simple but does not explain anything, sorry.
I think we're able (and interested in) to understand what kind of problem makes you run after the Devil when we,simple players, just wonder why warriors cannot have a skill which could make them as powerful as archers and mages, some complain about PvP disbalance too.
Compared to other similar mmorpg's I find the progression cuve to steep at lower levels and too flat at higher ones. This and the heavy grinding nature of certain quests incitate some players to use bots.There is then a disbalance between players who can use these clients and others who use the official one, both in mob fighing and PvP.
These are the balance problems I can see.
Sorry to ask you to spend some time to explain, but, for sure, it would make the distance between developers and players shorter.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.