tmwAthena GM commands trimming

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

tmwAthena GM commands trimming

Post by o11c »

I have already deleted a number of GM commands that I have been able to prove did not work correctly, or that were made useless or redundant by the way TMW does things.

However, a number of other commands seem useless to me, even if they work.

Corrections/clarifications on the new help texts and suggestions for a GM command to be renamed are also welcome.

Here is the most recent list of GM commands.

Some particular topics:
  • Should the @charfoo commands be merge into @foo, just with the last parameter optional?
  • The fact that @str, @agi, etc all are implemented using atcommand_param() is slightly problematic. Can these be removed in favor of @allstats and/or @stpoint?
  • Should some of { @who, @whogroup, @whomap, @whomapgroup} be merged?
  • Is there anything worthwhile about @option or @effect ?
  • @disguise (and @chardisguise ?) work, but are they needed?
  • @party when there is /createparty (which requires the party skill, though)
  • Should some of the @.*skill.* and @.*magic.* be merged?
  • Are the @reload.* admin commands useful? I foresee quite a few potential problems if they are used.
  • @killmonster / @killmonster2
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: tmwAthena GM commands trimming

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Being able to set attributes to arbitrary values was very useful during balance testing.

@who* may be difficult to merge, unless you're looking at making a mandatory scope parameter, which would make them more awkward to use.

@option is useful, especially when testing persistent particle effects. I haven't used @effect as far as I can recall.

@disguise is not needed and comes with a lot of overhead, unless there is some strong reason to the contrary I don't see why this would need to be kept.

@party has no reasonable use case that I can tell.

I'm not sure how @*skill* or @*magic* would be merged.

@reload* commands are broken and should not be used, nor do I see a need for them to be used.

@killmonster* remains useful. There should remain some way to select whether the affected mobs drop items.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated