[DIS] JEXP system

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[DIS] JEXP system

Post by Alige »

As I've saw on mob_db.txt, the JEXP is completely outdated and not reliable. I propose a new system that I invented which works well for every monster. With this, we can also see which mobs need to be fixed, example: the pinkie doesn't hit hard enough.

JEXP system: [HP - (ATK1+ATK2+DEF+MDEF)] / 10

Waiting for comments.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [DIS] JEXP system

Post by Dark_Mag »

Ali-G wrote:As I've saw on mob_db.txt, the JEXP is completely outdated and not reliable. I propose a new system that I invented which works well for every monster. With this, we can also see which mobs need to be fixed, example: the pinkie doesn't hit hard enough.

JEXP system: [HP - (ATK1+ATK2+DEF+MDEF)] / 10

Waiting for comments.
Ali-G,

That's great idea I think, but also in my mind I think you've forgotten to use one more variable: LV.
As all monsters have their own "lvl", it should be used too.

Cheers, dark.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

The level of each mob isn't properly decided and this is why I choosed not to use it.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Ali-G wrote:JEXP system: [HP - (ATK1+ATK2+DEF+MDEF)] / 10
Do you understand the ways in which base level affects combat calculations? If so, why are you omitting it from your proposed formula? What about the all the other factors? (agi, luck, adelay to name a few are all critical factors!)

Why are monsters that are more resistant to damage and/or hit harder worth less job experience? Why is health the only factor that increases the job experience awarded?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Made a new system involving more stats:

[HP - (ATK1 + ATK2 + DEF + MDEF) / 10] + [|10 * Range1 (STR + AGI + VIT + INT + DEX + LUK) - Speed|] / 100
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I worked on a fair JEXP system for a while. The actual script is lost, but Wombat had an IRC log, containing the basics of my calculations, and the results for monsters existing at the time.

IRC Log

Output

In particular:
[quote=o11c]
(03:50:01 AM) o11c: atm it uses: HP, 1/(100-DEF), sqrt(ATK), and the fourth root of speed
(03:50:17 AM) o11c: with a bonus for aggro, assists, and boss monsters
[/quote]

Other than the 100-DEF and whatever the "bonus for * mode" was, you should not use addition or subtraction, only multiplication and division.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.