Music Developing

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Music Developing

Post by Yeremy »

I would like to take a part in the whole TMW project. I'm a musican.

I can help you to improve the music scene of TMW, but tell me what software you use?

I see, that all sounds are placed in .ogg files, well that's not the problem cuz I use Acid PRO so I can export some Chocolate Cupcake out of it.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

If you're interested join #tmwart @ irc.freenode.net and get in contact with Rotonen.
Yeremy
Peon
Peon

Post by Yeremy »

I see what I can do :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yay, more composers. I hope this one lasts over 2 days.. :twisted:
This message used to be meaningful.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Can i suggest getting with the times with our music? The classical stuff is really outdated and doesn't cut it anymore. Let's get something with guitar or something. Newer games like Halo 2 and Perfect Dark Zero are doing it, why can't we?
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

Right! Also, let's switch to 3D, add some guns, and make the whole project into another FPS! 8)
Okay, even though your examples sucked, a little variety in music couldn't hurt.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

I don't know if its planed but I could probably help with something like an in game music player window.
All your base are belong to us.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

knivey wrote:I don't know if its planed but I could probably help with something like an in game music player window.
platform independent?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

of course!
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Ultim wrote:Can i suggest getting with the times with our music? The classical stuff is really outdated and doesn't cut it anymore. Let's get something with guitar or something. Newer games like Halo 2 and Perfect Dark Zero are doing it, why can't we?
I haven't played those games but if they are like Devil May Cry it sucks big time.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Xephys
Novice
Novice

Post by Xephys »

Pajarico wrote:
Ultim wrote:Can i suggest getting with the times with our music? The classical stuff is really outdated and doesn't cut it anymore. Let's get something with guitar or something. Newer games like Halo 2 and Perfect Dark Zero are doing it, why can't we?
I haven't played those games but if they are like Devil May Cry it sucks big time.
Sorry but I have to disagree. Classical and platformer style music is outdated. I'm not saying the music from DMC is gonna make it to TMW (I hope not) but modern and technical music would fit the game.
To eat or not to eat, that is the question!
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Sorry, I never understood the adjective of "outdated" applied to music; to me either it's good or it's bad ;). I don't have anything against adding a new taste ("technical" as you call it), the problem with the music in DMC is that it was repetitive, badly written and unimaginative.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

we need heavy metal rock music
Falcon_Amanatay
Peon
Peon

Post by Falcon_Amanatay »

I personally love the classical, Renaissance-like music. And take note people this is an rpg. It's not high-tech cities and space shuttles, so having it too modern would be a little...odd? Guitar and something else wouldn't hurt, but it's best we stick mainly to classical. And no Knivey, heavy metal rock music would be too much. lol. But I'm just a classical junkie....so who knows? lol. As long as there is a violin I'm happy! :o

~Falcon

P.S.: I agree with Pajarico. Music is more of 'bad' or 'good'. Not necessarily 'outdated'. I personally think to say 'outdated' would be saying, 'not what everyone else is listening to'. And to suggest that....would to suggest that the TMW team should become followers and start playing overly-modern music. WEE~ :?

Now that would be terrible... :wink:
Hello, Hello.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I like to think that I am open minded and am willing to try many things. Having rock music may work IMO, but it just needs to be done right. When I step back and think of TMW, it brings me back to SoM, which intern makes classical type music seem more apropriate for the underlying tone of the game, but maybe boss battles could be rock music, or PvP might go into rock type music...