005-4

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Kage
Manasource
Manasource

005-4

Post by Kage »

Since I have a hard time timing IRC with wombat.

Yes wombat, you can enable the warp to 005-4. I will do the storyline for that map at a later time.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
argul
Novice
Novice

Re: 005-4

Post by argul »

I disagree.

Whenever stuff is put into game, it rarely changes... so I'd suggest to finish it first.
---
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

argul wrote:I disagree.

Whenever stuff is put into game, it rarely changes... so I'd suggest to finish it first.
Well, honestly, I need to see how player can handle the battle, and if its too easy or too hard. So before I can finish it, like adding rewards to it, I need to balance it.

So it has to be added before I can finish it. :)

Kage shoots! and he scores!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Kage wrote:Well, honestly, I need to see how player can handle the battle, and if its too easy or too hard. So before I can finish it, like adding rewards to it, I need to balance it.

I thought that's what the test server is meant for. Trying out content and tweaking it until it is balanced for the main server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Crush wrote:
Kage wrote:Well, honestly, I need to see how player can handle the battle, and if its too easy or too hard. So before I can finish it, like adding rewards to it, I need to balance it.

I thought that's what the test server is meant for. Trying out content and tweaking it until it is balanced for the main server.
Well unless you can get a test server where you have 10-20 playing on it, then its pretty much pointless
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Why don't you ask for help on the official server through a broadcast?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I thought players are always whining about new content, so they should be more than happy to test things out, especially if its as easy as to switch the server. You may want to give them some good character by default, no one wants to level on a test server which content may be purged. (oh, wait a minute... :lol: )
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

The new battle has no level requirements really... so I need a large range of character levels. So if we make them all 80, the test will be screwed, if we make them all 20, the test is screwed.

Unless you can duplicate the levels from the main server, its pointless.
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

I recall a test server that Freeyorp was using that used char info from the main server. It even was an option in the server menu. Can that be used again for this? If so then it would be easy to make a global asking players to go to the test server for this. In fact, I remember some Candor battles being tested there....

Just a thought from me,
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

As far as I know, this is just the sort of thing the testing server is used for.
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Testing_Server

The content is pulled from the testing repo (tmwa-server-test).
GM level 60 is open to any user, and commands like @item, @zeny, @charstats, @blvl etc are available.
There are several debugging NPCs that let you change things like skills and magic experience.

With those tools, you can create pretty much any character of any level with any items and stats. People already playtest new content with a mix of levels and classes.

Is anything missing?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Frost wrote:As far as I know, this is just the sort of thing the testing server is used for.
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Testing_Server

The content is pulled from the testing repo (tmwa-server-test).
GM level 60 is open to any user, and commands like @item, @zeny, @charstats, @blvl etc are available.
There are several debugging NPCs that let you change things like skills and magic experience.

With those tools, you can create pretty much any character of any level with any items and stats. People already playtest new content with a mix of levels and classes.

Is anything missing?
This is what I want to avoid, it needs to be tested on players will tend to give themselves more stats and better gear they they normally would... making them more powerful.

It needs to be tested on the current player base, not a fiction player base in which everyone runs around with god like stats.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Kage wrote:
Frost wrote:As far as I know, this is just the sort of thing the testing server is used for.
...you can create pretty much any character of any level with any items and stats. People already playtest new content with a mix of levels and classes.
This is what I want to avoid, it needs to be tested on players will tend to give themselves more stats and better gear they they normally would... making them more powerful.

It needs to be tested on the current player base, not a fiction player base in which everyone runs around with god like stats.
If you'd participated in past testing, you'd know that the people who playtest do so responsibly, using "a mix of levels and classes." Sure, it's fun to do anatomically incorrect things to zombies, but that happens outside the test session.

We're not all dumb as a bag of hammers; that's just me. :D
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Tmw is a test server.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

meway wrote:Tmw is a test server.
I was under the impression that it was now becoming a game of its own. And as one who helps test new things i'm offended that you would think we all run around trying to out badass one another. My group is in charge of rebalancing, and i would think that we got the job because we have a large group of diverse people who are, as a group, familiar with all styles of play. Many of our characters are not 'optimized' because we enjoy playing a certain role. That indicates, to me, that our group would have no issue playing the level and equipment base we are assigned or required. We just need someone to tell us what levels you want to test out with. As someone who listens to the complaints regularly, the only thing that gets more complaints than not enough new content is halfassed content.

Just my opinions

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Tiana wrote:I recall a test server that Freeyorp was using that used char info from the main server. It even was an option in the server menu. Can that be used again for this? If so then it would be easy to make a global asking players to go to the test server for this. In fact, I remember some Candor battles being tested there....
It would be simple to set this up again if there is need.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated