ManaMarket

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Nard
Knight
Knight

ManaMarket

Post by Nard »

Why the Hell ManaMarket, Tradebot, Auctionbot and guild features re not added to the server?
Why do TMW developers have to develop bots outside the project to make available these useful functionalities to the players?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: ManaMarket

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:Why the Hell ManaMarket, Tradebot, Auctionbot and guild features re not added to the server?
Why do TMW developers have to develop bots outside the project to make available these useful functionalities to the players?
Because no one can look into the depths of tmwA and return with their sanity intact.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I posted this article among the Manamarket ones intentionally to incite players and developers to reflexion and reaction. I would not have used the same tone here. Sorry then about it. Background stays true though.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:Because no one can look into the depths of tmwA and return with their sanity intact.
:lol: LOL :lol:
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

o11c wrote:o11c in the game, on the forum, on the wiki, on Gitorious, on GitHub. Why have different names? It's just confusing. My main alts are _o11c and o11c_.
Oh no :( and i call him everytime Olli, i am frightened, if I have confused the dev now...
diogorbg
Peon
Peon

Post by diogorbg »

Because no one can look into the depths of tmwA and return with their sanity intact.
:lol: I understand how it is.

Someday I will try to create a market by changing the functions of buying / selling the game. Or not :P
Diogo_RBG - Server BR - ADM, DEV
:mrgreen: The Mana World BR - The best MMORPG 2D now in Portuguese.