Snow Area Extension

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Snow Area Extension

Post by Alige »

More and more projects are being made by all the developers to improve this game. This time we chose to expand the snow area to lead to the opening of the Thermin town.

Before we can reach it, we first need to have the three Tilesets done, they are currently in development, but we also need great snow maps before the Thermin. Getting to that town shouldn't be a piece of cake but more like an adventure. As you may understood, this snow extension will need to be huge and thats why we need more mappers.

If you don't know mapping yet, try it now on your computer to see how it works. You can download the client data with all maps here and you can download Tiled here. If you know how to use Tiled and feel interested by developing some snow maps, just add your name on that topic. Please explain what are your intentions and why you would like to help. If you have any difficulties with anything about that project, just post an answer here.

The project will start next monday so if you want to join, prepare yourself and start to be familiar with Tiled. Open maps such as 033-1, 034-1, 044-1 and 044-3 to see how new snow maps should be made.

Here is how the extension of the snow maps should look like at the end. Blue maps are already made, grey ones need to be made. The Barbarians Area is being left apart for now, same for the Thermin Town and Thermin Mines maps since the tilesets are not made yet.
Attachments
Snow-Area-Extension.png
Snow-Area-Extension.png (20.68 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Snow Area Extension

Post by Alige »

This project will start next monday. We currently have a lot of problems about various development branches.

Sincerely,
Ali-G
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Ali-G wrote:This project will start next monday. We currently have a lot of problems about various development branches.
Maybe project coordinator may provide empty templates of those maps?
By empty template I mean creating blank map and copying overlapping parts of already existing maps.
That could be very helpful for every wannabee-Sunday mappers.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

i wrote:
Ali-G wrote:This project will start next monday. We currently have a lot of problems about various development branches.
Maybe project coordinator may provide empty templates of those maps?
By empty template I mean creating blank map and copying overlapping parts of already existing maps.
That could be very helpful for every wannabee-Sunday mappers.
I am already working on that. I can be done very soon.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Ali-G wrote:I am already working on that. I can be done very soon.
I'm glad to hear that :D
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I did the bases of the 045-1 snow map, which is the snow map on which we will all be working on. I added its border from 034-1. It needs to be a snow forest, quite dense and with mountains at the north.

If you are interested by developing this map, feel free to add your name here. You will need to have a Gitorious account and have established a SSH key from your computer to Gitorious. When that is done, just add your name here and I will add you name to the commiters list. When you finished to set up your local clone using this page, you will need to edit the gitmodules file in your eathena-data folder and replace the link by that: git://gitorious.org/~ali-g/tmw/snow-area-extension.git. After that, open a terminal, go to this eathena-data folder, do git submodule sync, then cd client-data, then git reset --hard origin/master and lastly git pull. When you'll be done with that, you'll be able to start working on 045-1. Do not forget to do cd ~/tmw-ea/eathena-data then make maps to be able to test the map locally. When you're done editing the map, just git push your work, being in client-data folder from a terminal window.

Good luck to all, this is the moment where you can start learning how to map.

Ali-G
amarant24
Peon
Peon

Post by amarant24 »

Add me Josen and Kabukikooky
gitorious account is amarant24
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I figured out it would be better if you could talk to me (Ali-G) or Jenalya, if you get interested by making maps, on IRC: irc.themanaworld.org, channel: #tmw-dev

Ali-G
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Ali-G wrote:More and more projects are being made by all the developers to improve this game. This time we chose to expand the snow area to lead to the opening of the Thermin town.

Before we can reach it, we first need to have the three Tilesets done, they are currently in development, but we also need great snow maps before the Thermin. Getting to that town shouldn't be a piece of cake but more like an adventure. As you may understood, this snow extension will need to be huge and thats why we need more mappers.

If you don't know mapping yet, try it now on your computer to see how it works. You can download the client data with all maps here and you can download Tiled here. If you know how to use Tiled and feel interested by developing some snow maps, just add your name on that topic. Please explain what are your intentions and why you would like to help. If you have any difficulties with anything about that project, just post an answer here.

The project will start next monday so if you want to join, prepare yourself and start to be familiar with Tiled. Open maps such as 033-1, 034-1, 044-1 and 044-3 to see how new snow maps should be made.

Here is how the extension of the snow maps should look like at the end. Blue maps are already made, grey ones need to be made. The Barbarians Area is being left apart for now, same for the Thermin Town and Thermin Mines maps since the tilesets are not made yet.
note to self barbarians are priority.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

look at the date ...