Trello

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Trello

Post by o11c »

It looks like we're using to manage art. We're hoping this we lead to a reduction of lost artwork.

Trello has 4 main levels of organization:
  • Organization. This is https://trello.com/themanaworld
  • Board: currently we have two: Art Development and Music Development. I don't really see us using Trello for anything else.
  • Lists: Other than "Guidelines", there are 5 or 6 of these (depending on whether we use [GIT]), like the topic tags except for [DIS]. You can easily move things between them. An artist shall not put things in Complete [RC], that requires a full review.
  • Card: an individual thing that's being worked on. Cards can have attachments, comments, a description, a checklist.
There are also a fixed number of labels that can be added to cards. We can only choose the text that goes with each color.

When a piece gets added to git, it will be archived on Trello (so it disappears from the main page, but it still has history). If it somehow gets archived and it shouldn't be, find it in the archive and click "send to Board"

It looks like we're adding artists (and maybe organizers) only to the Board; TMW admins and the members of the tmwA Development Board get added as members and Admins of the Organization, and as Owners of the Board.

Because of possible confusion regarding Trello's use of the word "Board", I have proposed that the "tmwA Development Board" be renamed the "tmwA Development Polyumvirate"

Artists, please set your initials in Trello's account settings (no avatar, please) to something that makes it obvious who you are, and assign yourself to cards you've worked on.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Trello

Post by Crush »

Can you please explain what exactly Trello is and which role it will play in the content development?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Its a far supperior way of orginizing graphics that may get lost on the forums.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

People that want to join have to register on trello and ask to be added to the group.
Current character is "Abolish".
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I'm curious as to how the voting system affects the cards. Is it X number of votes then the admin move it to the next stage of card? Basically what purpose will the voting system play, or is it undetermined as of yet?

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Big Crunch wrote:I'm curious as to how the voting system affects the cards. Is it X number of votes then the admin move it to the next stage of card? Basically what purpose will the voting system play, or is it undetermined as of yet?
At the moment there is a lot of playing around with this new tool going on, and I suppose some time is needed until the definite workflow is found.
I'm just starting to look at it, but from what I've read in the irc backlogs, the artists are enthusiastic. :D
Edit: I'm enthusiastic too!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Votes have no power in and of themselves. But, we could use them to decide what has priority for getting in. Or, artists might use them to decide what has priority for getting done.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Wombat wrote:People that want to join have to register on trello and ask to be added to the group.
askin' :)

EDIT:

IMNSHO Trello sucks.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

o11c wrote:Artists, please set your initials in Trello's account settings (no avatar, please) to something that makes it obvious who you are, and assign yourself to cards you've worked on.
Yea... but when your email is in Gravatar system, you can not unset avatar.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

o11c wrote:Votes have no power in and of themselves. But, we could use them to decide what has priority for getting in. Or, artists might use them to decide what has priority for getting done.
It seems to me that the no brainer way to do it is use the votes to advance to the next stage of development, the final vote being to see if it is allowed ingame.
sexy red bearded GM
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Ok. I must admit that Trello does not suck. I'm already implementing this system in my own company.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Big Crunch wrote:
o11c wrote:Votes have no power in and of themselves. But, we could use them to decide what has priority for getting in. Or, artists might use them to decide what has priority for getting done.
It seems to me that the no brainer way to do it is use the votes to advance to the next stage of development, the final vote being to see if it is allowed ingame.
I don't see how this determines if the art is ready for the game. If the art is considered finished, it can be released immediately if it meets art criteria enough. If there is a dispute, the board will determine if it is ready.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Wombat wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:
I don't see how this determines if the art is ready for the game. If the art is considered finished, it can be released immediately if it meets art criteria enough. If there is a dispute, the board will determine if it is ready.
duh, i had moment of obtuseness. :P
You are, of course, correct sir.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I've updated my thoughts on the matter in the Voting card on Trello. Rather than repeat it, here is the card
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

I refuse to use it.
Mad enough that things were moved to github.