Christmas

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Christmas

Post by yubabax116 »

dariunas wrote:Think the opening's fine also, but personally sounds like the levels of the bells could still come down. They might seem low on the dB counter, but their frequency range seems to be at the point where the human ear perceives it as louder than it technically is. If you pull it back 4-6dB, you'll probably have plenty more space in the mix too

Apart from those two points, very nice little track to me :)
the point is with the bells is they are supose to have a high sound to them..its supose to be cheerful not funeral bells. Putting them down any lower would ruin the track. i took out the bells for ringing ears if i touch these it will be ruined and i dont plan on touching them.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

I love it. It definitely feels like Christmas.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I love the music just the way it is. It's cheerful and "sounds like Christmastime" to me.
To me, the higher notes are an important part of the cheer. Since I still hear the whine from CRTs and laptop power bricks, I'm probably not missing much of that range.

This might convince me to turn on sound when I play. :)
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Pixiebobs
Novice
Novice

Post by Pixiebobs »

Nice

Anything BUT Jingle Bells ............. Just kidding
Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get The Heck Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-WAA-WAAA. This is Dr. Sniffle reporting from Quitchur Bitchen
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Frost wrote:This might convince me to turn on sound when I play. :)
Thats the Goal 8) lol
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

dariunas wrote:[...] They might seem low on the dB counter, but their frequency range seems to be at the point where the human ear perceives it as louder than it technically is. If you pull it back 4-6dB, you'll probably have plenty more space in the mix too
Apart from those two points, very nice little track to me :)
It is a well known fact in psychoacoustics that sounds with frequencies in the bandwidth's border range are far more easily perceived (i.e. sound louder) than the center ones which sound mixed and loose individuality. The signal/noise ratio is much higher. This is why firemen, police, and other various alarm sirens are so high, and why you only need one piccolo, one tuba, and a few contrabasses... and one jingle bell set :) , in a symphonic orchestra.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.