Forming a beta testing team

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Forming a beta testing team

Post by Alige »

Crush wrote:Errors on the wiki should be fixed by the one who notices them - that's the point of a wiki. When the documentation is wrong, you should make it correct.
The fact that I was really active on the wiki doesn't mean you should report the wiki typos or problems to me. Fixing them yourself takes less time and effort than reporting them to me.

Regards.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Thank you Jaxad and Crush for quick answer, I would have already corrected the wiki and reported if I was sure of the problem origin, which is not the case at the moment. I will submit the problems to o11c then, by creating a new topic in technical development as it concerns the server, and .conf files.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

On the public testing server, some commands were removed from GM 60 because of the potential for abuse -- commands like @ban, @block, @kick, @recall, and @chardropall.

It's also possible that something is misconfigured.

The testing server is supposed to give testers and developers the tools they need. If it can be improved, let's do it.

Incidentally, the secondary server on port 6902 was basically the same as the "main" server on 6901, but without access to GM commands. Nobody found this useful, so it was shut down. If a second server instance would be useful for testing, let's discuss what to do and then do it. :)

YAY MORE BETA TESTERS!
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I am aware of problems in the documentation. This has been fixed in my version of the server: http://gitorious.org/~o11c/tmw-eathena/ ... pp#line144

However, until my version is ready to use, the wiki, help.txt and the comments in the atcommand.conf file may need updating.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
This has been fixed in my version of the server: http://gitorious.org/~o11c/tmw-eathena/ ... pp#line144
Could certain part of your server be backported to the mainline, or is it too heavy atm?

Best regards,
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

It's pretty heavy - it happened *after* I deleted the "unused" skills, which accidentally included NPC_POISON, which is used by mobs.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Bug Reporting:
Nard wrote:
Jenalya wrote:I'd suggest the feedback forum for bug reports rather than playertalk. Topics about testing something specific fit to content development.
This is a good idea, we can see later if there is a need for more specific one.)
oops :oops: it seems that I got a bit lost,after reading various posts:
Bugs reporting must be first reported in support forum in appropriate sub forum, the index page is absolutely clear on that point:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewforum.php?f=19

I wrote a draft page with your help. I tried to make a synthesis of everyone's preferences., and photograph of actual situation.
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/User:Nard
If you agree, it could replace the link that leads directly to the bug tracker (which is duplicated at the moment); and I will post a similar text in the "Read Me First: How To Report Bugs." topic:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1178
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
Crush wrote:All client-related issues should have been moved to http://bugs.manasource.org long ago. You shouldn't hesitate to delete the remaining ones.
Bertram wrote:Sorry Crush, but this is wrong.
I left some of them, just because there were many comments, or felt not willing to move them over manasource at the time.
Please, do not delete them whithout at least listing them somewhere, so I can finish the job.
I'll try to be pro-active and start it before you have to, though.
All the issue actually belonging to manasource have now been moved. To make it all cleaner, I also closed all the previously resolved issues, so you'll be able to see what new resolved issues are done by the tmw content team.

Best regards,
Psychodelic
Novice
Novice

Post by Psychodelic »

Bertram wrote:Hi,
All client-related issues should have been moved to http://bugs.manasource.org long ago. You shouldn't hesitate to delete the remaining ones.
Sorry Crush, but this is wrong.

I left some of them, just because there were many comments, or felt not willing to move them over manasource at the time.

Please, do not delete them whithout at least listing them somewhere, so I can finish the job.
I'll try to be pro-active and start it before you have to, though.

Best regards,
nice Sever :D :lol: 8)
League Of Legends
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Freeyorp101 wrote: Also, other servers may have different access level configurations than ours.
---Freeyorp
This is the most likely case on Auldsbel. I don't think I changed the stock configuration for the @ commands too much, but I may have made a few minor changes.