Liing as a new posture

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

igneus
Novice
Novice

Liing as a new posture

Post by igneus »

In Hurnscald I found in one of the houses chambers with beds. I can step on the bed, sit on it, but not lie in it, which makes me really sad :)
I know the greatest issue when adding a new player posture is making graphics for it. Would it be possible to enable liing and use the "dead" frame from the player-spritesheet for it?
main TMW character: nguma
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Liing as a new posture

Post by Reid »

Dead frame is not in the same angle, so no it's not possible.

Also, there is a playerset 1.5 which is in preparation, and developers already need to do extra position of every equipement for it.
But this problem can be done in changing the bed tiles and in adding a cover in over layer. The normal stand frame of the player handle it well.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
igneus
Novice
Novice

Post by igneus »

Even this would be great!
Well, I would also appreciate outdoor-liing in the grass, but sure I can live without it.

And - having beds, where you can stand so, that it looks nearly like liing in them, shouldn't they make you recover more quickly than when you're sitting?
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

This would require significant work on the server and protocol levels as well.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
igneus
Novice
Novice

Post by igneus »

Ok. This feature isn't that important... (But it would be cute.)
igneus
Novice
Novice

Post by igneus »

No feature-request more, just a dream: (I think this would be really hard to code...)

"Liing" in a bed you - not necessary, not always, but with some probability - start to dream:
The character stays liing in bed, but the player gets control over a "shadow character" in a special "dream map" - the shadow character has in it's inventory a random selection of fancy stuff (normally unobtainable clothes, mighty weapons obtainable only by finishing hard quests etc.) and meets a random selection of monsters with higher drop-rates.
There might also be some NPCs with some short crazy quests.

Duration of the dreaming is limited by time - and by possible death of the shadow-character in the dream.
After waking up the real character has, of course, none of the items it had in the dream, but it has the gained experience points. (And, eventually, a single quest-item, e.g. a sleeping-cap.)