Lotus Village

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Johnny
Peon
Peon

Lotus Village

Post by Johnny »

I know its not the greatest and I made this a long time ago. But hey I figured it may help someone I dunno.
Attachments
LotusVillage.mp3
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Lotus Village

Post by Alige »

Very nice sound!

However, TMW only uses musics under the .ogg format. Moreover, the music needs to loop over and over without being boring, this implies different parts in the music. Lastly, I'm pretty sure your electric keyboard is not correctly tuned but I might be wrong.

Keep it up,
Ali
Johnny
Peon
Peon

Post by Johnny »

Thanx :). Yeah the reason its in mp3 format is because most of what I did in the past was uploaded to an old Newgrounds directory of mine. They were first made as midi, then recorded under different soundfonts. I did most of the music digitally using Anvil Studio when I used to be a Windows User and had a Soundblaster (I haven't used Windows since 2006 and now use the HD Audio that comes with my NVIDIA card) and didn't use my Piano keyboard. They all pretty much reside here:

http://johnwungrice.newgrounds.com/audio/

I haven't made anything new in a long time but if I do and find a Linux program I'm confortable using or a way to hook my Kurtzweil Sp76 up to my PC with software, it will be in .ogg format.

P.S. Lotus Village is a modified version of China Blossem.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Its a nice concept of melody, but it feels like its scratching my ear drums.. If you can remake this and modify it, it can be great for maybe a town. There is also to many pauses in the beggining for an MMORPG its best to keep the music flowing with shorter pauses if you feel its needed or maybe add an extra soft sound in the backround. Also you can convert files online, here is a website i sometimes use to convert audio:

http://media.io/

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Thematically, it's a nice, but the main percussion could use some re-working in my opinon; some more variety and maybe a bit more on the side of natural. This could be achieved through the sounds themselves or just performing them 'live'.

Check out the Korean Village track from the Atlantica Online OST for a great example of this. Of course, we're talking another level with that track and there's a restriction with whatever samples you're working with, but the performance and the layering of a) all the various percussion with each other as well as b) the way the percussion sits around all the other instruments is great. (Well, I like it anyway) :) I don't expect that level to be achieved, but as a reference point, it's very apt.