What about in game pets?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

sango98
Novice
Novice

Re: What about in game pets?

Post by sango98 »

But the pets can't help but follow they should be the only ones allowed to auto follow .
I want a bunny or puppy or kitty or bear .
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

sango98 wrote:puppy or kitty
I wonder when you guys will have a look at my repo...
Attachments
dog.png
dog.png (12.94 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
kitty.png
kitty.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
cat.png
cat.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 3982 times
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Omg their so cute :D :mrgreen:
Velox Neb
Newly Registered User

Post by Velox Neb »

modified summons might be what you're looking for if you want your pets with more attributes and autonomy than they have on gtmw, maybe. ;-)
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

it depends on if your talking about summons that are already in the game
if so they don't really make good pets they disappear after a couple of minutes

I think a summon would work if the player could choose how long they wanted to pet to stay at their side and when they want to unsummon it
like some type of saying that can work for all classes (mages , archers , warriors ect)
Also I think that they should make a pet shop where you can buy the type of pet you want .
shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Post by shygorgon »

The way I am thinking is that the pet/cohort should be a quest. I'm thinking something along the lines of having to prove your worthiness (similar to the raging quest) by partaking in some task. Maybe the task could be something like having to deliver something through an area that is considered to be "dangerous" in game. If the person succeeds, then the will have a choise over a list of a few possible cohorts. Each cohort would have its own stats that the player can set up just like his/her character. The level of the cohort would be something like 1/2 of the character level of the player. I thikn that with that, depending on the cohort you choose, you will get a small stat bonus (anything from +1 to +3 perhaps) to a particular stat. Sort of like in D&D. I think that would be the easiest place to start sa far as the concept. I am also thinking, that as far as feeding it, that could be something tried out on the test server as well. If it is something like a wolf, then he might be able to "eat" some things that the character/cohort has hunted. Either that or it can be something like various fruits or something like that.

Bobisha
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

On the German server I have a dog (and dark blue AFK hat). And on the Land of Fire I have a dog, black cat, and green fairy. They all raise your stats a lot (50 strength for the dog, 50 intelligence for the black cat, or 50 luck for the green fairy; depending on wich one you equip at one time) and would really change game play negatively if done that way here. But the animation and the pretending you have a pet is fun, and could we have them at more realistic stats?

Like the green fairy could give you +1luck and you could chose to eqip her or your four leaf clover. The dog could give you +1 strength and you could chose to either equip your pet dog or you ruby ring (not both). Just think how happy some one with a liking for black cats would be if they could get the same + 1 benefit in intelligence from switching from their Sapphire Ring to their very own magical black cat mana pet?

Also the AFK hat would be fun. If it could have an attribute of making the wearer maybe lose heath, like down to maybe 5% (so they are near to death) if they run around and/or fight monsters while wearing it, it is a AFK hat after all. Maybe something funny could happen if they chat while wearing the AFK hat too? Like had all their clothes unequipped, except for the Away From Keyboard hat : P
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I like the 1strength 1 intelligence and 1 luck for the pets because I know for sure some players would abuse the 50 + strength or might try to hopefully we see the pets here some day.
shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Post by shygorgon »

One thing I think would be cool for the pets is if they could wear armor as well. And by the way, you should be able to have a stat bonus (+whatever) and still wear/ equip other stat raising equipment. For instance, I am a lvl 75 tank warrior. I have the 4 leaf clover, rock knife, and diamond ring gicing me stat bonuses. I think that still being able to wear those while getting the bonus fot the pet would be beneficial, especially for a tank who iss looking for a higher vit, str, or luck. And I think that the pet should be able to wear similar things to raise its stats as well... Just a thought... I think that would be awesome in the long run...
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Ugh, why discuss something that's not going to happen?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

o11c wrote:Ugh, why discuss something that's not going to happen?
:lol: :lol:

They try to sort out a good concept for pets in game, to convince you to add them after... :D
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Its still nice to hear ideas from the game community, even if we don't get a chance to figure out how to add them to the server. It allows them to talk to each other about an open concept they would like to see.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Well if we talk about it some thing might happen, it's worth a try than giving up plus the devs are now looking for new ideas for the game so I think it's great players are putting there ideas in the forums even if it happens or not . I know the devs have their hands full with other stuff but it's worth a try .

Although I kinda agreed with Qwerty's idea before guess I kinda changed my mind how about the pets be 1 strength 1 intel but you can also keep your equip your right why make rings useless ? Also the pets wearing amor isn't a bad idea but boy boy it's gonna cost some money to dress your pets . The pets can also come in handy for helping younger players but I don't think it's a good idea anymore to make sample rings useless ; Lots of players work hard to get them .
Freya
Novice
Novice

Post by Freya »

Why the players are free to discuss what they think.

After all, The Mana World is an open game.

Sorry! Attitudes like this doing the game less and less players as it is.
crifxer
Peon
Peon

Post by crifxer »

o11c wrote:Cleaning it up is far more important than adding "cool" features.
Maybe if you're a developer! If you're a player you want cool features! 8)