TEST: Extended Debug NPC

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: TEST: Extended Debug NPC

Post by Reid »

Piateluca wrote:Also I used manaplus and all the icons were "misplaced"
4144 chose to have a combination of emotes between client-data and ManaPlus. This is why it got some problems. However, if 4144 decides to use the emotes from the client-data, ManaPlus will look good for both The Mana World and Evol Online.
Excuse me if it mights be a bit of topic, but even if Evol and TMW could both work with this solution, how about other servers? They will loose these emotes.
It's not an as easy topic as that. :)
But it could be nice to talk about this with some peoples from... The Mana World BR and the German server(Or is it now the same as The Alternate World?) to know what they think about this.

</offtopic>, sorry. ^^'
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It should work for them unless they changed the way smilies work on their servers. When they did... well, the moment you create a fork of a software, you become responsible for maintaining and supporting it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Reid wrote:how about other servers? They will loose these emotes.
Wait a second, do you even know what you're talking about? Currently, ManaPlus is a client that uses both emotes in the client-data and the emotes added in the client itself. So even though we changed the emotes on TMW, this will actually change nothing on other servers or on Evol Online, even with ManaPlus. The only problem will be using ManaPlus on TMW.

Cheers,
Alige
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

This smiley discussion doesn't really belong in this topic, since it's about the debug function, but to clear things up, here's a summary of a discussion between 4144 and me:

In the client-data there are at the moment 14 smileys, with the id's 0-13, which are used by the mana client.
Manaplus uses those, but also brings its own smileys, using the id range 100 and following for those, to avoid conflict with eventually newly added smileys in the client-data.
Now we're going to add new smileys on id 14 and following. Manaplus will be able to display them, but when a manaplus user uses the smileys on the id's 100 and following, the mana users won't see those.
If manaplus would drop its own smileys, this would cause manaplus users on different servers, where the new smileys aren't added, to have fewer smileys than before and it would make the new version of manaplus, which drops the id 100+ smileys, to be incompatible with the older versions of manaplus in regards to those smileys.

So it's a choice between
- adapting to the new smileys added in client-data which would mean being compatible with mana users, but not with users of previous manaplus versions and dropping some smileys on different servers
or
- keeping the build-in smileys, staying compatible with older versions of manaplus and keep the smileys on other servers, but being incompatible with mana users

4144, please correct me if I got anything wrong here. :)
Since both of this choices mean that there'll be some incompatibility, I suggested to add an option in manaplus, so the user can decide which smileys to use. That way the user can decide if s/he wants their smileys to be seen by mana users or users of older versions of manaplus when playing on our server. And on other servers, they can still use the build-in manaplus smileys.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

there is a third choice: design new smileys fur IDs 14-100 and ask client developers to add range ≥ 100 to mana client... :roll:

Nard
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Nard wrote:there is a third choice: design new smileys fur IDs 14-100 and ask client developers to add range ≥ 100 to mana client... :roll:
1) Not enough time.
2) Having more than 50 smileys is already a bad idea. 100 smileys would be useless imho.

-- Alige
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Jenalya wrote:This smiley discussion doesn't really belong in this topic, since it's about the debug function, but to clear things up, here's a summary of a discussion between 4144 and me:

In the client-data there are at the moment 14 smileys, with the id's 0-13, which are used by the mana client.
Manaplus uses those, but also brings its own smileys, using the id range 100 and following for those, to avoid conflict with eventually newly added smileys in the client-data.
Now we're going to add new smileys on id 14 and following. Manaplus will be able to display them, but when a manaplus user uses the smileys on the id's 100 and following, the mana users won't see those.
If manaplus would drop its own smileys, this would cause manaplus users on different servers, where the new smileys aren't added, to have fewer smileys than before and it would make the new version of manaplus, which drops the id 100+ smileys, to be incompatible with the older versions of manaplus in regards to those smileys.

So it's a choice between
- adapting to the new smileys added in client-data which would mean being compatible with mana users, but not with users of previous manaplus versions and dropping some smileys on different servers
or
- keeping the build-in smileys, staying compatible with older versions of manaplus and keep the smileys on other servers, but being incompatible with mana users

4144, please correct me if I got anything wrong here. :)
Since both of this choices mean that there'll be some incompatibility, I suggested to add an option in manaplus, so the user can decide which smileys to use. That way the user can decide if s/he wants their smileys to be seen by mana users or users of older versions of manaplus when playing on our server. And on other servers, they can still use the build-in manaplus smileys.
All correct.

Also mana cant use smiles with id 100+ because implimentation limitations. because this here some problems.
I add option to show mana smiles to manaplus users, but mana users cant see manaplus smiles.

Also i will add option some where to use mana smiles only. But not sure what some one will use it.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

Great, thanks AliG