Event Arena

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Event Arena

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Hello everyone, I recently made a post in another thread containing an idea I had a while ago...
(If you do not feel like reading it scroll down and I explain a bit later on.)
IMO the best solution would be to even the playing field...
For my server I've been writing several scripts that store the players inventory levels exp and stats etc. so that I can make players have entirely different stats etc in other worlds I create.
I vote the official server should use a similar system to have some event map.
This map is not active unless a player or GM tells an npc they wish to host an event.
GMs equip their caps and the NPC will do nothing wait until they say the event is over and then execute some evacuation script or something that warps all characters in the map back to the world.
Users who wish to enter the event map have to wait until an event is on.
They must pay a small fee to the npc and then they may enter.
All their levels etc are stored and they emerge a clean character into a preparation room.
In here they have a certain number of points to spend on stats, levels and equipment etc.
Once they have spent all their points they tell an npc in there they are ready and they get warped to the arena.
(Unless of course the event needs everyone to enter at the same time in which case it would wait until everyone in the preparation has said they are ready)
The user who hosts the event can set a gp amount required to be paid to join the event or spectate the event etc which would help them pay for the hosting.
If the person who called the event is not a gm they can talk to an npc in the arena and pay for things to happen...
stuff like Spawning monsters, candor-like survival game, pvp survival game, pvp or the ability to drop items (Drop Party) (Maybe they can buy items to drop too?) all costing a bit of gp.
They also call when the event is over.
Users can talk to the npc and leave at any time they like but cannot enter the preparation room or arena until the event is called over.
To prevent users from having an empty event running forever they have to pay for every 5 minutes spent in the arena.

That is my concept and it shouldn't take too much to do and if any of the devs are interested in it going through I would be glad to make it.

Other than that I see no way to make sure everyone is equal in events and until a solution is made it seems these class advantages etc will continue to annoy people and ruin the game a bit.
After I received a PM telling me that it was an interesting idea and suggesting I work on it I decided to try and take on the task.

This is an extract from a PM I sent back:
Yeah, I had it on my server before I lost it and I was working on remaking it.
The idea for my server was the player could warp through dimensions and whenever they did that only certain things could travel with them.
Maybe some story ideas for something like my suggestion could be the player enters some sort of 'dream realm'.
I could make some sort of dark mage npc who has the ability to warp players to the area for his own entertainment. Another idea is to work around my original plot I had for my server. Maybe the player talks to an npc who for a price can break them through a barrier and take them to another dimension but they cannot take their inventories etc with them. On my server I was using this because I was making multiple dimensions that players could visit and level etc in until they 'conquered' the dimension when they finished a quest or beat a boss or something which enabled them to travel somewhere else.
Another idea I had for story is to say that the npc they pay to get to the dimension wont allow any gear or anything to be taken to their realm because they want to even the battle because it amuses them to see players competing with one another.
Those are some of my ideas on a possible story.
My main idea for this is it is some sort of 'event arena' sort of like candor.
The player talks to a dark and mysterious npc in a sort of cloak or something who has the ability to take the player to this Arena.
I'm not exactly sure how to design the arena yet but I'd like to make some sort of dark mysterious place like a floating structure of some kind over a void of nothing.
This is the arena.
There are a few areas for spectating around the arena, I'd like to use a sort of Colosseum-like setup for the arena only have something like a void in between the spectators area and the center of the arena.
To travel to the arena players must pay an amount of gp to the dark mysterious npc.
The npc takes the players to a room on the interior of the arena, a preparation room, maybe under where the spectators sit.
Players then talk to the npc and decide what sort of event they are going to have and pay for it.
One player pays to host the event like in candor.
The event lasts 5 minutes for every [etc] gp payed.
I suggest there is a maximum amount of time it can last, maybe an hour, to prevent people from paying a lot and doing nothing.
Now that they have payed they have up to [etc] minutes to setup their event.
Once the player has payed they can set an amount of gp to join or spectate the event but setting a gp collection will also cost them some gp, maybe 10 times the price they allocate to join the event? Maybe the spectators only have to pay half or under the amount of gp as it is to join to prevent ridiculous charges.
They can chose not to set any costs.

Now, for the next part... the npc is in this preparation room.
Players can access the preparation room for a set amount of gp to the npc like paying for the ferry to candor.
All their levels are stored and their items are stored etc.
In here they can ask the npc to let them join the event (as long as it hasn't started yet), spectate the event or go back to the normal world.
When they join the event if the event involves combat (either PvP or MvP) they get a set amount of 'points'.
If they join the event then they have to quit it to leave.
They can spent these points on gaining levels, increasing stats or getting armour etc.
This makes a balanced playing field with still room for strategy.
When the player starts the arena all players participating are teleported to the arena and the npc 'moves' to the arena and can be talked to to spawn monsters or purchase items etc depending on the selected event. When players die in the arena they respawn in the preparation room where they can ask to spectate or leave.

Now they may select from a few options.
They can make the npc announce their event (includes the price however) for a bit of gp.

They can enable pvp for their event for a price.

They can have a drop party for free but if they select this they may buy things to drop from the npc before and during the arena.

They can host trivia, setting questions and answers and supplying items to win. Maybe a cost could be put on it per question.
They cannot themselves participate in the trivia.
Once the arena starts the NPC starts asking the questions.
The players type into the npc what they think the answer is. Once they have told the npc their answer they are locked out until everyone has answered. This continues until someone gets it. Whoever gets it first is given the item supplied for the question by the host.

They can have a spawn party.
The host can pay the npc to spawn specific mobs. Each mob has a set price per mob and the player selects how many they want to spawn.

They can have a monster raid.
Like candor this raid continues until only one player is left standing.

They can have a pvp raid.
This raid continues until only one player is left standing.

Maybe later more events can be thought of.
Once the event is over- either the player says it is finished, or the event times out, all people in the arena are warped to the preparation room where they can host another event or leave.

Please feel free to add or take away from the plan I made.
I'll wait for a bit of feedback before I start working on anything.
I'm open to any ideas or changes etc.

I plan to, if it gets a positive attitude and people want it to be made, work on it myself.
I am able to script something like this, however it will take me a while.
So, what does everyone think?

Thanks for reading :)
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Event Arena

Post by Jenalya »

I like the idea of entering another dimension, and since we already have some quests that use the same concept (Golbenez created the gy inn in a different dimension and as far as I understood the Easter Island is in a different dimension too). So it would fit with other storylines in tmw.

Some thoughts about a technical aspect... How would you seperate the arena part from the spectators area? If you use a collision border that is wide enough to prevent spectators to use e.g. healing on players in the arena, they won't be able to see much of the arena anymore.
I had a similiar problem when designing the fluffy hunting and I'm curious if you have a good idea about that.

Regarding development and testing of this, I suggest to sign up on github and create forks of the tmw repositories. You can push your work in progress there, and things can be put on the testserver by pulling from it. Also it's a good way to prevent data getting lost.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Jenalya wrote:I like the idea of entering another dimension, and since we already have some quests that use the same concept (Golbenez created the gy inn in a different dimension and as far as I understood the Easter Island is in a different dimension too). So it would fit with other storylines in tmw.

Some thoughts about a technical aspect... How would you seperate the arena part from the spectators area? If you use a collision border that is wide enough to prevent spectators to use e.g. healing on players in the arena, they won't be able to see much of the arena anymore.
I had a similiar problem when designing the fluffy hunting and I'm curious if you have a good idea about that.

Regarding development and testing of this, I suggest to sign up on github and create forks of the tmw repositories. You can push your work in progress there, and things can be put on the testserver by pulling from it. Also it's a good way to prevent data getting lost.
As I said earlier all values would reset upon entering including magic levels which last time I knew was possible through the variables in the scripting, like giving magic levels only taking them away... that should be possible shouldn't it?
That way spectators would not have the ability to heal etc.
idk if that method would work with the fluffy quest though.

I'll sign up on github in a bit.
I'm going to work on a concept script on my server atm.
One thing I'm wondering about is item storage though, is it possible to make the items in the players inventory automatically go to a storage or something of some kind without using a variable for each slot or making the player unable to enter unless all items are stored?

As for the story line I came up with an idea for the npc, I haven't thought of a name for them yet though.
My plan for the sprite would be some sort of pale player skin wearing a long black robe and a hood that casts a shadow over his entire face.
He holds a staff of some sort with a dark glowing gem on top.
As far as making the sprite I can't pixel well but I can edit with stuff and mess around to create it.
Here is an idea of opening dialog for the first time the player sees him to try and give a description.

Code: Select all

L_Intro:
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "The Sorcerer wears a black cloak of some sort with a hood covering most of his face.";
"He holds some sort of dark staff or wand of some sort with a glowing gemstone on top.";
// (Maybe we can call it a black diamond or something?) 
"The gem glows with dark and warped magic.";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "As you approach the sorcerer chuckles a dry and taunting laugh that sends a tingle down your spine.";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "The gem on the Sorcerer's staff appears to flash with some sort of power within when you come near.";
next;
if (charbaselvl < 30) goto L_TooYoung;
// We can raise or lower the minimum level if we need to.
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "\"I see you are quite the adventurer.\"";
next;
menu
"Um, yeah I guess...",-,
"I am the brave hero " + strcharinfo(0) + "!", -,
"I think I'd better leave.", L_Close;

mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "\"My name is [NPCNAME], I am a dark magician and creator of another realm.\"";
next;
mes "\"For a small price I shall let you visit my realm, I shall let you control it.\"";
next;
mes "\"But controlling my realm shall cost, do you dare visit my paradise?\"":
menu
"Yes! [250gp] ",-,
"No way!", L_Close;
// TP to realm etc

L_TooYoung:
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "The Sorcerer glares at you from within the shadow of his face.";
mes "You cannot see his eyes in amongst the shadows but you can feel him watching you.";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "He speaks no words but you can hear him in your head...";
mes "You hear a never-ending demonic chuckle.";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "You hear nothing but... laughter...";
next;
mes "Laughter...";
next;
mes "Laughter...";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "You feel a terrible pain in your head like you've been stabbed with a red-hot setzer.";
mes "You feel powerless, weak and defeated.";
mes "You cannot move, you are stuck to the spot.";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "No matter what you do you cannot escape the demonic laughter, it rips into your head and causes too much agony.";
mes "You scream for help but nothing happens.";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "The Sorcerer bursts into a shrieking laugh.";
next;
mes "The pain stops."
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "\"Have no fear... I am not going to kill you... yet...\"";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "\"The day you achieve level 30 come and speak with me.";
mes "I shall grant you glory and power beyond your wildest dreams.\"";
next;
mes "[Dark Sorcerer]";
mes "\"I shall take you to a new world and grant you an opportunity to rule, to be a god.";
mes "Until you are ready I shall have fun watching you suffer.\"";
close;

L_Close:
close;
I'm thinking, is there any planned use for boss points?
I had an idea that you can win boss points from the events as well as candor.
I also thought that if there is no planned use for the boss points maybe the could be used to pay for the events etc instead of gp.
That way those who spend a lot of time playing the events etc will be able to host them more easily.

Thanks for reading.
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Anonymous!!! wrote: As I said earlier all values would reset upon entering including magic levels which last time I knew was possible through the variables in the scripting, like giving magic levels only taking them away... that should be possible shouldn't it?
Ah, I see. I missunderstood that only the participators get their characters reset. Ok, then this will work.
Anonymous!!! wrote:One thing I'm wondering about is item storage though, is it possible to make the items in the players inventory automatically go to a storage or something of some kind without using a variable for each slot or making the player unable to enter unless all items are stored?
There are some commands to check and modify the inventory, getinventorylist, hasitems and more, you could offer access to the storage and use the commands to make sure the player stored all his items before letting them go further.
Anonymous!!! wrote: I'm thinking, is there any planned use for boss points?
I also thought that if there is no planned use for the boss points maybe the could be used to pay for the events etc instead of gp.
That way those who spend a lot of time playing the events etc will be able to host them more easily.
I plan to use bosspoints for the creation of higher tiers of tiered items (items that you can upgrade), one item like this is planned for the Barbarian village. But since there are missing/unfinished graphics, I don't know when we'll be able to continue with that project.
So, involving them in this idea is no problem.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Jenalya wrote:
Anonymous!!! wrote: As I said earlier all values would reset upon entering including magic levels which last time I knew was possible through the variables in the scripting, like giving magic levels only taking them away... that should be possible shouldn't it?
Ah, I see. I missunderstood that only the participators get their characters reset. Ok, then this will work.
Anonymous!!! wrote:One thing I'm wondering about is item storage though, is it possible to make the items in the players inventory automatically go to a storage or something of some kind without using a variable for each slot or making the player unable to enter unless all items are stored?
There are some commands to check and modify the inventory, getinventorylist, hasitems and more, you could offer access to the storage and use the commands to make sure the player stored all his items before letting them go further.
Anonymous!!! wrote: I'm thinking, is there any planned use for boss points?
I plan to use bosspoints for the creation of higher tiers of tiered items (items that you can upgrade), one item like this is planned for the Barbarian village. But since there are missing/unfinished graphics, I don't know when we'll be able to continue with that project.
So, involving them in this idea is no problem.
I was thinking of the opening storage etc. then checking to see if the player has stored their items.
So you plan to use boss points like the enchanting system in minecraft then? (In minecraft you spend exp on upgrading weapons etc)
Sounds nice, if I could help in any way let me know :)
As for the use of them in the event arena project I might leave them until more decisions are made and more content is made with the boss points, I think I'll use a similar system but instead of boss points use something like 'Glory Points' or something that you gain from success in the arena and maybe lose for failure in the arena but can be spent to host better events, maybe they could even buy another tier of events to unlock.
Maybe level 1 events are simple drop parties and spawning and the ability to make announcements, for [etc] Glory Points you can unlock tier 2, you have monster raid and pvp raid and the option to turn pvp on for events etc, maybe tier 3 unlocks some more things like the ability to enable magic (gives everyone magic abilities) and better events, maybe a game where players summon monsters to fight eachother and maybe some sort of vampire last player standing pvp game where health cannot be regained (maybe load the player's inventory with itens they cannot drop or something >:D) and the only way to increase health is to hit other players and steal their health.

Just some concepts.
Would it be too much trouble to make some spells to be used for these events?
I'd like to make a game of sorts where everyone has amazing spells they can cast but very limited mana so they have to only use spells when they really have to. I'd like the idea of using spells like the ones Xakelbael the dark had to cause explosions etc but players do not have enough mana points to rely on the spells so they will have to conserve them until desperate.

I'm thinking of some concepts and I was wondering if I would be allowed to make an event that occurs randomly where the sorcerer 'challenges' players and everyone can warp to the arena for free and they have to survive as long as possible and as they survive each round they get better items.
For example a script is set to every hour generate a random variable from 1-100 or 1000 or however rare we want it to be. If the value equals 1 then the challenge will occur. Maybe we can add a feature like for every million Glory Points earned the event occurs as well.
Everyone gets a message in chat like: 'You feel a powerful dark force within the realm...'
Suddenly there is an announcement from the dark sorcerer saying something like: 'Dear mortals, I challenge you to fight the power that sleeps within my dark realm, I welcome all of you to come and fight and prove that you are a force to be reckoned with.'
'I shall offer you entry for free to my realm, the only price you'll have to pay is a miserable failure when you try to defeat me.'
'Do not think you shall fight without reward however, for those seeking riches beyond their wildest dreams come to the arena and be ready for the biggest challenge you shall ever face.'
Maybe mysterious cloaked people can appear in all the major towns and offer free warping to the arena, the npc himself stands wherever we choose to put him and also offers free warping to the arena.
No-one can ask to host the game, only join or spectate.
The NPC announces when the event is about to start, maybe he announces first 30 minutes before the challenge begins.
He then announces something like: 'Mortals, I am waiting, I challenge all of you to fight in my dark realm, there are currently a measly [number of people on the map] challengers, it will take a lot more to beat me. The challenge begins in [etc] minutes.'
When the event begins the npc says: 'Let the games begin!'
If no-one shows up then the npc announces something like: 'Pathetic, you are all too scared to challenge me. You are wise, I shall let you rest for now.'
If there are people who have joined then the event then begins.
First off the npc just spawns some easy monsters like spiders or slimes.
After the first round every receives a few crappy items, maybe some mouboo figurines or something.
Progressively the monsters get harder and the items get better.
However the more players still alive the less of the tems there are handed out.
For example if there are 30+ fighters in the arena everyone only gets 5 of the item each.
20-29, 10 items, 10-19 15 items, less than 9 fighters is 20 items each. Maybe if there is only one fighter he gives 25 items to them.
Every 10 rounds a new element is brought into the game.
For example round 10 pvp is turned on, players can now kill others to increase the number of prizes given.
Round 20 the npc adds some sort of traps, players that step on certain tiles (chosen at random) get a message: You stood on a trap! and they loose a random amount of health.
Round 30 undead monsters are summoned for each player killed.
Round 40 he summons monsters constantly each round until all of them are killed.
Round 50 a time limit is added each round.
Round 60 There is now one trap that instantly kills anyone who steps on it
Round 70 Item reward numbers are doubled.
Round 80 Players no longer need to kill all the monsters to beat a round, they just need to survive long enough.
Round 90 The npc is 'weakened' and his traps are removed so he summons as many hard monsters as he can.
Round 100 The npc is defeated and surviving players all get a huge amount of Glory Points (Which do not contribute to the amount of glory points needed to start another raid).
The NPC now announces his fun is over and the arena will go back to normal.
Two raids cannot happen in one day so he is disabled from calling another raid until the next day.

I can script all of this, what I want to know is exactly how much I'm allowed to do, like would I be allowed to hand out powerful items as rewards for the higher levels like 90+ etc. (Items like iron ingots etc no unobtainables.)

Hmm, well I hope you like the concept, I'll get working on the event more tomorrow and I hope to have a test version ready. :)
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Anonymous!!! wrote:I was thinking of the opening storage etc. then checking to see if the player has stored their items.
So you plan to use boss points like the enchanting system in minecraft then? (In minecraft you spend exp on upgrading weapons etc)
The idea is to have an item of which there is a broken version and tier 1-5. You can upgrade the item at a special NPC to the next higher tier, which requires some additional items and for the higher tiers some boss points. When you try to upgrade, there is a chance of failiure, so the item breaks and you have the broken version again and would need to start over with the upgrading. For the barbarian village I plan to have a charm that can be upgraded: https://trello.com/card/barbarian-charm ... 00497e/235. But the barbarian village project is blocked by missing tilesets.
Anonymous!!! wrote:Would it be too much trouble to make some spells to be used for these events?
If you create them, that'd be no problem. :wink:
Anonymous!!! wrote:I'm thinking of some concepts and I was wondering if I would be allowed to make an event that occurs randomly where the sorcerer 'challenges' players and everyone can warp to the arena for free and they have to survive as long as possible and as they survive each round they get better items.
[...]
I can script all of this, what I want to know is exactly how much I'm allowed to do, like would I be allowed to hand out powerful items as rewards for the higher levels like 90+ etc. (Items like iron ingots etc no unobtainables.)
This is a matter of balancing. If the players are able to get a large amount of stuff, including valuable items, without appropriate effort, that'd mess up the rest of the game. I'd suggest to have at least a small fee for going there, and the amount of rewards given out would need to fit the effort/time spend on the challenge.
Anonymous!!! wrote:Suddenly there is an announcement from the dark sorcerer saying something like: 'Dear mortals, I challenge you to fight the power that sleeps within my dark realm, I welcome all of you to come and fight and prove that you are a force to be reckoned with.'
'I shall offer you entry for free to my realm, the only price you'll have to pay is a miserable failure when you try to defeat me.'
'Do not think you shall fight without reward however, for those seeking riches beyond their wildest dreams come to the arena and be ready for the biggest challenge you shall ever face.'
[...]
The NPC announces when the event is about to start, maybe he announces first 30 minutes before the challenge begins.
He then announces something like: 'Mortals, I am waiting, I challenge all of you to fight in my dark realm, there are currently a measly [number of people on the map] challengers, it will take a lot more to beat me. The challenge begins in [etc] minutes.'
If no-one shows up then the npc announces something like: 'Pathetic, you are all too scared to challenge me. You are wise, I shall let you rest for now.'
This ideas for the dialogue sounds to me very similiar to what Parua says... I know it's only a concept here, but it'd be good if you can do it a bit more original. :wink:

Beside of this, I like the idea to have several levels of challenges, which need to be unlocked by doing the lower ones. :)
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Jenalya wrote:
Anonymous!!! wrote:I was thinking of the opening storage etc. then checking to see if the player has stored their items.
The idea is to have an item of which there is a broken version and tier 1-5. You can upgrade the item at a special NPC to the next higher tier, which requires some additional items and for the higher tiers some boss points. When you try to upgrade, there is a chance of failiure, so the item breaks and you have the broken version again and would need to start over with the upgrading. For the barbarian village I plan to have a charm that can be upgraded: https://trello.com/card/barbarian-charm ... 00497e/235. But the barbarian village project is blocked by missing tilesets.
Anonymous!!! wrote:Would it be too much trouble to make some spells to be used for these events?
If you create them, that'd be no problem. :wink:
Anonymous!!! wrote:I'm thinking of some concepts and I was wondering if I would be allowed to make an event that occurs randomly where the sorcerer 'challenges' players and everyone can warp to the arena for free and they have to survive as long as possible and as they survive each round they get better items.
[...]
This is a matter of balancing. If the players are able to get a large amount of stuff, including valuable items, without appropriate effort, that'd mess up the rest of the game. I'd suggest to have at least a small fee for going there, and the amount of rewards given out would need to fit the effort/time spend on the challenge.
Anonymous!!! wrote:Suddenly there is an announcement from the dark sorcerer saying something like: 'Dear mortals, I challenge you to fight the power that sleeps within my dark realm, I welcome all of you to come and fight and prove that you are a force to be reckoned with.'
[...]
This ideas for the dialogue sounds to me very similiar to what Parua says... I know it's only a concept here, but it'd be good if you can do it a bit more original. :wink:

Beside of this, I like the idea to have several levels of challenges, which need to be unlocked by doing the lower ones. :)
Yeah, maybe the fee to enter could be something like either gp or glory points.
I'd like to make some sort of system where he takes parts of your soul or something whenever you die.
I think a system where you a punished from death rather than pay to play would be better.
It would mean you would need a well planned strategy to survive log enough...
I'm thinking maybe we can have some sort of 'soul points', your soul points revive every day, like a daily quest but if you spend them you become weaker in the arena, would it be more fruitful to make a system like that? That way players would not be able to play in the arena too often, maybe if you die in his event you will loose all your soul points and become unable to travel through dimensions.
I'll try and make the dialog different, I'll try and make a few back stories to give it more depth.
I'm thinking maybe the sorcerer could have attended the magic school in Tulimshar and he was going on the path of light magic to try and find glory and become the world's dictator. He was up to learning astral magic, a key component in his plan to dominate the world when Sagatha saw darkness in him and refused to teach him any magic. In rage, he cast dark forbidden magic. He drained the energy of a tree that once stood powerful and proud, a guardian of the forest. Sagatha was enraged by his actions and ensured he was outcast from the mana world. The sorcerer was outcast from society but he was powerful beyond his wildest dreams, but the magic barriers defending the towns blocked him from entering. He could never rule the world as he had planned to. Instead in hatred and rage he created a dark kingdom in an empty dimension.
Ever since he has lead humans to his realm of death, amusing himself as they pulled eachother apart.

As for the item system I'm going to try and make it so that you have to fight hard to get good rewards.
As I mentioned earlier I'm going to make a system where the more players there are fighting the less rewards each of them get, that way huge groups of players will get better items but not as many.
As it is a fairly rare thing to occur, will probably happen once a week the items should not all be too common, I'm going to try and make it fairly hard. I think the first 10 rounds should be pretty easy but with crappy rewards like acorns or maggot slimes etc, the next 10 rounds will take a better strategy and at least 5 players to survive, rewards in it are stuff like life stones, dark crystals etc, things you might find useful in basic quests. The rest of the levels I plan to make fairly hard, so no player would be able to complete a round alone and you'd need a good strategy or you'd die after a round or two.

I think glory points would be the main prize but you get a few items that you may find useful.
I'd say prizes like iron ingots etc would be the sort of prize you'd earn in the last rounds because it would be very hard to get up to the last rounds but you'd certainly find a use for the items.
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald