One Houes

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

rodrigo
Novice
Novice

One Houes

Post by rodrigo »

Hello :wink:

I build this house.I want to know if I have build good and if it is good i can giveaway for you.

http://imagebin.org/216749
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (194.34 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Re: One Houes

Post by rodrigo »

I restored some errors
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (192.45 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

What's your grid size? It seems to be 16x16, TMW only uses 32x32(and x*32) tiles.

Otherwise this shape is cool but there is a missing wall at the center-left of this room.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Post by rodrigo »

Reid wrote:What's your grid size? It seems to be 16x16, TMW only uses 32x32(and x*32) tiles.

Otherwise this shape is cool but there is a missing wall at the center-left of this room.

Yeah the grid size its 16x16. i will build another house with grid size 32x32 and i will modulate another house very good just for Tmw.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Hi rodrigo,

this looks much better than your previous attempts on creating an indoor map, beside of the grid size problem Reid already pointed out. :)

Do you already have some plan to which house this indoor belongs? And what it should be used for, what NPCs should be put in there?
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Post by rodrigo »

Jenalya wrote:Hi rodrigo,

this looks much better than your previous attempts on creating an indoor map, beside of the grid size problem Reid already pointed out. :)

Do you already have some plan to which house this indoor belongs? And what it should be used for, what NPCs should be put in there?

Hello Jenalya

I had an idea for this indoor house . It can belongs house at Jack at city hurnscald.
I can also do a quest for this house there may also be a NPC.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

rodrigo wrote:It can belongs house at Jack at city hurnscald.
When comparing the size of the houses in Hurnscald with the corresponding indoor, the house you created is too big to be Jack's.
rodrigo wrote:I can also do a quest for this house there may also be a NPC.
What kind of quest do you have in mind?
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Post by rodrigo »

Jenalya wrote:
rodrigo wrote:It can belongs house at Jack at city hurnscald.
When comparing the size of the houses in Hurnscald with the corresponding indoor, the house you created is too big to be Jack's.
rodrigo wrote:I can also do a quest for this house there may also be a NPC.
What kind of quest do you have in mind?

Hiya

when i build house on Jack the hurnscald a small house for him, but tiled with 32x32 grid has a very large space and i do not know how to build that little house for Jack because there left more gray square without need.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

rodrigo wrote:but tiled with 32x32 grid has a very large space and i do not know how to build that little house for Jack because there left more gray square without need.
Even though Tiled supports to build maps with different grid sizes than 32x32, the client can't display maps with other grid sizes. You would have noticed that when you would have actually tested your map.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Post by rodrigo »

Crush wrote:
rodrigo wrote:but tiled with 32x32 grid has a very large space and i do not know how to build that little house for Jack because there left more gray square without need.
Even though Tiled supports to build maps with different grid sizes than 32x32, the client can't display maps with other grid sizes. You would have noticed that when you would have actually tested your map.

Hello Crush

In this picture I have given an example for which I spoke
Attachments
map.png
map.png (62.23 KiB) Viewed 3784 times
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

When you create a new map, you can set the size.
In case you want to work with the map you already created, you can resize the map in Map->Resize Map. In the dialogue that opens when clicking on that, you can define the size of your map in tiles and with the offset you can define where the parts of your already existing map should go.
Remember that there should be a border of collision tiles of at least 20 tiles.

If you want to create the indoor to Jack's house, I'd suggest to put it on 009-2, since that's where all the existing Hurnscald indoor is located. Here you also need to pay attention to the at least 20 tiles border of collision tiles between the different indoors.
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Post by rodrigo »

Jenalya wrote:When you create a new map, you can set the size.
In case you want to work with the map you already created, you can resize the map in Map->Resize Map. In the dialogue that opens when clicking on that, you can define the size of your map in tiles and with the offset you can define where the parts of your already existing map should go.
Remember that there should be a border of collision tiles of at least 20 tiles.

If you want to create the indoor to Jack's house, I'd suggest to put it on 009-2, since that's where all the existing Hurnscald indoor is located. Here you also need to pay attention to the at least 20 tiles border of collision tiles between the different indoors.

Hello Jenalya

What do you think for this house?
Attachments
untitled2.png
untitled2.png (61.64 KiB) Viewed 3728 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

rodrigo-map-comment.png
rodrigo-map-comment.png (88.86 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

The size fits much better for Jack's house than your previous map. :)
Additional to the things Crush pointed out, Jack's house seems to have an upper floor when looking at it from outside, so maybe there should be a stair and an upper floor?
Another thought, the bed is for two persons, does Jack have a wife? If so, who is it?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Jenalya wrote:Another thought, the bed is for two persons, does Jack have a wife? If so, who is it?
He and Sabine used to be dating, but they broke up because she wouldn't accept his hobbies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo
  • NOT a game master