One Houes

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: One Houes

Post by Jenalya »

rodrigo wrote: Im sorry i can't understand you how to save it so i don't know how to save im sorry again
I just saw one woodland_indoor.png
Did you read the wiki article with the mapping tutorial? http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Mapping_Tutorial
It's described in there as well.
If you still don't understand, could you explain a bit more specific of what you don't understand, so I can try to explain?
rodrigo
Novice
Novice

Post by rodrigo »

Jenalya wrote:
rodrigo wrote: Im sorry i can't understand you how to save it so i don't know how to save im sorry again
I just saw one woodland_indoor.png
Did you read the wiki article with the mapping tutorial? http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Mapping_Tutorial
It's described in there as well.
If you still don't understand, could you explain a bit more specific of what you don't understand, so I can try to explain?
I do not know how to save the map, I read the page for the map but still do not know how to save and whether to show someone how to save I will now understand
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

The map you uploaded earlier has a tileset with this declaration:

Code: Select all

<image source="untitled3.png" width="640" height="640"/>.
We can neither view nor easily fix your map because of this. "untitled3.png" isn't one of our tilesets. In addition, the client won't be able to handle a map like this even if it did have "untitled3.png", as the relative paths will be wrong for the data.

There are a few things you need to do in order to make this map usable.

You need to make sure you have the proper directory hierarchy set up. You should ideally clone the [client data repository] with git to do this, but you may also find the option to export the repository to an archive a short term usable workaround if you have trouble with this.

As paths are used in the map format, and as tilesets are not stored within the map, you need to save the map in the proper directory (tmwa-client-data/maps/) and to link to tilesheets that have the correct relative path.
If you restrict yourself to using tilesets in tmwa-client-data/graphics/tiles/, you'll be fine.
If you really do need to add additional tiles (and you should avoid this if you can help it, especially when you're just getting things set up) you can amend tilesheets in here, or add your own. Make sure you check with the team before going ahead with either of these, in order to avoid possible merge conflicts. :)

In summary:

Make sure you save the map in the maps directory.
Make sure the map only uses tilesets in the graphics/tiles directory.
The maps directory and the graphics directory must be in the same directory. If you use the client-data repository as-is, it'll be fine.
When this is done right, you should be able to open up your map in a text editor and see all source parameters in the image tag have the format "../graphics/tiles/tilesetnamehere.png".
For instance:

Code: Select all

<image source="../graphics/tiles/woodland_indoor.png" width="512" height="512"/>

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask if there's anything that needs clarifying. :)

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated