Client Dialog

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Anime Faces or Pixel Faces?

Anime Face
26%
Pixel Face
61%
Doesn't Matter
13%

Total votes: 61
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Re: Client Dialog

Post by Korcha »

So much creative juice is wasted on posing these bastards.... They really need to "click" faster. So I apologize if not much was accomplished. Also, you gave me a total of 10 to work with, so I stopped by the wiki and filled in the remaining 4 slots, 2 of which are undecided (for now). I'm sure you won't mind. More to come, so stay tuned!

Regarding the Soul Menhirs; I want you guys/gals to draw what you see, cause I'm definitely seeing a statue with a skull.
Honestly though, I cannot draw what I don't see, which in this case a rock formation. You might as well go with the placeholder image, lol. Now that's a rock! :3

btw: at what point do I get the fancy colored font, if ever? I wanna feel special, too!
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Oh noes! The dreaded double post strikes again!! What ever will we do?

Still undecided on Kimarr's portrait. The "up in yo face" just doesn't suit him. Yes, Birrod is fat, but.. chunky and muscular!
Yep Chicka, I'm about to mention a no-no: MOAR! Whenever you're ready-Freddy, you can go ahead an send me even more. Don't worry about the recent portraits, I'll spruce them up as I go.

Don't forget to throw your opinion at me every once in a while, if you dislike a pose or something let me know! Be brutally honest!
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Korcha wrote:Don't forget to throw your opinion at me every once in a while, if you dislike a pose or something let me know! Be brutally honest!
The only two i seem to have a different perspective on is Jack Lumber and Parua. I've always seen Parua more formal but in a creepy way in the game and Jack more of a friendly yet tough lumber jack that wears plaid ( I noticed he looks sad in your portrait) even if that may not be the case in the game :oops: lol

The rest are almost how I visioned them! Keep up the good work I love it :)

Edit: I also finally found the skull you see in the rock! lol and more is sent :)

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

See, I told ya it was a skull! Whoever drew that is one clever fella.

and how easy it would be to color them in, when/if I where to shade them in, of course:

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Korcha wrote:See, I told ya it was a skull! Whoever drew that is one clever fella.
Just because we see it, doesn't mean it's actually there.
Korcha wrote:and how easy it would be to color them in, when/if I where to shade them in, of course:
Seeing that, I actually remove my objections to the non-pixel art.

Hm, I just noticed you're using gif instead of png ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

You gotta use your imagination, bro! Either way you look at it, that ain't no rock, period. That might be a turd with a face, but it's no rock. Yeah, I'll go with png. from now on if ya want, it's no biggy, really. So cheer up, ya negative Nancy! :3

Also, I noticed you said non-pixel art again, it is 100%, home-grown pixel art, with or without color, lol. Having just 2 colors does not exclude it. Don't believe me, look it up.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Man, oh man! These last few are literally driving me insane! I focused on them for far too long (I gotta stop doing that), that everything else became just as monotonous. I'm spent. I'll give it another go tomorrow, if all else fails I'll just pull all my attention towards the others I neglected. Wish me luck!

also; converted to PNG, excited? :3

You know what, I could try that other thing I swore I would never do. Yeah! I just might..
Well, until tomorrow, adios!

Edit: I'll be back on Tuesday night (eastern time). I'm just really-really tired today.

Update 3/5: apparently I got a virus. That explains why I was really tired yesterday. At the time of this writing; my head is throbbing and my stomach is killing me. Sadly, I'm gonna have to call it quits for today and probably tomorrow, unless I start to feel better. Sorry in advance.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Never thought I'd say it, but:
T-t-t-triple Post!!

I'm feeling a lot better than I did, which is great. Virus really threw me off, since I rarely, if at all, get sick. Thankfully, now things can resume. However, I cannot guarantee I'll get all the trouble makers done, so it would be awesome if you could send me more stuff to work on, Chicka. This way more portraits can get done in the least amount of time.

I said this before but I got no response, so I'll ask again; when do I become one of the guys? Do I gotta color something, lol?

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Hey Korcha, I am going to send you a whole bunch this weekend. I will be away from the 11th of march to the 27th and wont be back until then. I will send you them on Sunday or Tomorrow while packing my things :)

I hope everybody has a nice march break while I'm gone.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

the only one i dont really like is golbenez the demon. he doesnt look sinister and deceptive enough to my eye
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

The thing is for the unique NPCs we are trying to make them look like the npc as much as possible. With their personality like.
Yubaba
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Don't forget to send more you silly-willy! The 11th is just around the corner! :3
I apologize for the lack of effort on my part. More to come, hopefully.

bell chick wrote:the only one i dont really like is golbenez the demon. he doesnt look sinister and deceptive enough to my eye
I don't know how to remedy that without making a whole new portrait. However, I might reconsider if you give me some examples showing what you mean. I'm always open to suggestions. :3

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

I'm gonna have to call it quits until I receive more NPC's from Chicka, because at the moment I'm at a roadblock with these things. I've completely lost interest. I need something new & exciting to get the creativity juices flowing again. Yep-yep, that's how easy it is. I'm strange like that. :3

So yeah, don't kill me Chicka!! I know you're a busy bee and all, just reminding everyone else who isn't aware of how I do things. I know that I'm a broken record. Forgive me!!

NEW: regardless of what I said I'm going to sum up the courage and finish these tomorrow (what can I say, I'm a productive liar), by finish I mean; poses finalized, jaggies cleaned up, and most importantly: a bit more detail for the ones that need it.. After that I'll hunt down the remaining NPC's on the wiki, and after that? Pray someone gives me something else to do.

I'll start off with another update, you'll know who/what got the pretty treatment:

FYI: my old post was copied over because I hate having multiple posts! I have enough already..

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

T-t-t-t-triple the post, triple the fun!!
I officially hate these with a passion, thankfully I can move on! I'm going to start on a new row tomorrow, hooray..

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Nice work! However, the chest's avatar doesn't look like a chest at all. If you could redraw it differently, that would be a good thing.