TEST: map change near the theater

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TEST: map change near the theater

Post by Jenalya »

I did some changes on the cave maps near the theater as preparation of a follow-up quest for the Orum and Warric quest. Use

Code: Select all

@warp 017-1 76 33
to get right in front of the entrance.
I'd like feedback on eventual mapping errors and if you like how the maps look. :)

For those interested, some more detailed information about the changes:
The labyrinth leading to the theater was part of 013-3, I moved it to a new map 017-3.
Also i created a new map 017-4 where I put the connections of the different parts of 017-3, and also the (future) hideout of Orum and Warric.
(And adapted all the warps between the maps of course...)
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TEST: map change near the theater

Post by Jenalya »

Johanne Laliberté wrote: Hideout 017-4 213 32

1. It's normal if I walk over the bottles on the floor? Bottles are obstacles or no?

2. BaseBallBoy and I didn't see collisions for 2 beds to the headboard/footboard.

I didn't find problem inside the new corridors except inside the Hideout for the bottles on the floor and 2 beds with no collisions
I took the bottles on the floor in the snake pit (005-3) as example, those don't have collision as well. I suppose it could make sense to put collision there, on the other hand the bottles are rather small. You could imagine you're just stepping between/over them.

About the beds, I just checked several maps and noticed that this is handled quite differently - there are maps where there is no collision on the bed (e.g. in Hurnscald, 009-2), where there is overall collision on the bed (e.g. the magic hut 013-2), or where the is only collision on the headboard/footboard (e.g. in Tulimshar 001-2).

Thanks for testing!
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I prefer no collision on beds, it is more comfortable for my old back. (It is not possible to lie on them yet :( Maybe It'll be when technology have made some progress :) )

Nard
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

RE: Beds Collisions

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Hi!

Since few days, beds get collisions on the Main Server. :(

Now, how can we make a bed-in protest :?:

Regards,

Johanne
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_18.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_18.png (134.88 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I may add that beds should be shifted half a tile on right or left, because my head cannot actually rest on it's pillow.

Beds are designed for us to rest on!
Chairs are designed for us to sit on!
They are not made to be looked at
and should'nt be the topic of a chat.
Is my char no more than a pet?
'cause he must sleep on the carpet!

:D

Nard
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Please let us sleep at bed again! I hid all my money under a pillow and now i cannot get it back, because bed is not walkable anymore! :P